Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @ScottyK

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I honestly never even knew where exactly the smoking decks were in either the Meadowlands or Prudential Center, only because I never smoked. I'm sure they weren't hard to find though.

I kind of don't feel comfortable posting a picture of myself on the forum, but only because I made the mistake of telling some now long since cut off toxic family members what my name was on here. They may not even remember what my name was on here, but in the case that they do, I really don't want them seeing my face. I did post a screen shot of me sitting behind the Devils bench in Sunrise last year during a sequence in play where I paused it, but all you could see was the Devils logo on the crest of the jersey. My friend watched the entire game and said he couldn't really see me during the game, as play went by too fast anytime where I was sitting would enter the shot. I think I was 6 rows up.

I remember posting a picture of myself with my back turned to a mirror several years ago, wearing a Schneider player T-shirt, which I still have. I think all you could see was the back of my head and maybe half of one of my sideburns.

I don't even do Facebook/social media and a lot of that is because I don't want these people looking me up. I've never liked taking pictures anyway and I feel like I look a lot better when I look in a mirror than how it usually comes out when I appear in a picture.

I'll end up in pictures and sometimes I'll think ''UGHHHH! I REALLY look THAT bad?'' or ''Oh f***! I got old looking!'' and then other times I'll see one that someone took and think ''Oh wow! I don't look bad here!'' or ''I didn't realize I looked that young still'' lol.

the joe had a sweet smoking section ....i enjoyed it the last season the barn was around....it was off the east side up above .. back alley vibe and a shit ton of fun.... wings fans were cool

.....border crossing was a hoot also....on the way there on the bus half devils/wings fans, half kings of leon concert going people. everyone in a great mood

....devils lost.... on the way back when going through customs asked "anything to declare?"

i said, 'ya.....that sucked'

they waved me through along with every other person obviously just crossing for their own party

the joe was great

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
My brother is a big guy but only about 6’2”, 6’5” is way taller.

There was another season ticket holder that frequented the smoking area that TOWERED above me. I think his name was Hans, at least I thought I heard his friend call him that. The guy... I mean... he made me look normal size. He HAD to be at least 6'8.

Somewhere I have a picture with him in the parking lot of the arena after we won our first cup. I think my head only made it up to his shoulders.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Get out of here, you’re not towering at all. Look at a how boring sized you are. You aren’t winning this.

You in Schneider gear is sad foreshadowing. (It’s not surprising, even is you weren’t a goalie fan he was our big star at the time, but his dark fate

Definitely not towering. By the men in my family’s standards I am. Everyone is 5 foot 9 or under. I made it to 5 foot 11. My head doesn’t look all that big relative to the other options.

I was actually a HUGE Schneider fan and was interested in acquiring Schneider probably a few years before we did. Actually, crazy story is that I clearly remember being high on Schneider around the 04 draft, but Zajac was my guy all along. I was dead against Schneider being drafted in 04, as I had already seen enough of first round picks used on Ahonen and Damphousse, only to end up becoming nothing and Marty outlasting them. I was a huge fan of Schneider, until we started giving him too much rope in the end.

I turned on Marty in the end too, when he was still taking up too much of the net when Schneider was already here.
BLEEDRED HAS A SCHNEIDER SHERSEY

I REPEAT

BLEEDRED HAS A SCHNEIDER SHERSEY

ITS ALL BEEN AN ACT ITS ALL BEEN AN ACT
I still have it to this day, but it’s not really been worn in a while. It’s very tattered. Its like a cut the grass wearing shirt at this point.

I’m digging it out right now and I’ll post a picture.

I actually don’t have a Blackwood one, but I do have a couple of Brodeur ones, including one I wore tonight, fresh out off a 4.5 mile walk

I think I only have a few sherseys. I have an Elias also. Most of them are old. The Brodeur one I wore tonight is from his jersey retirement, though I did not buy it that night. I got it online sometime that year. I also have one with the 2012 SCF that I got sometime in 2012. That one is too big and has seen some better days.

I used to have a Zajac that I lost. I have an Elias somewhere and I had a Taylor Hall one, which was literally stolen by my ex-girlfriend, who couldn’t tell you who the f*** the player even was, but she decided to take that and a Black Flag T-shirt of mine. She couldn’t even tell you it was a band.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Definitely not towering. By the men in my family’s standards I am. Everyone is 5 foot 9 or under. I made it to 5 foot 11. My head doesn’t look all that big relative to the other options.

I was actually a HUGE Schneider fan and was interested in acquiring Schneider probably a few years before we did. Actually, crazy story is that I clearly remember being high on Schneider around the 04 draft, but Zajac was my guy all along. I was dead against Schneider being drafted in 04, as I had already seen enough of first round picks used on Ahonen and Damphousse, only to end up becoming nothing and Marty outlasting them. I was a huge fan of Schneider, until we started giving him too much rope in the end.

I turned on Marty in the end too, when he was still taking up too much of the net when Schneider was already here.

I still have it to this day, but it’s not really been worn in a while. It’s very tattered. Its like a cut the grass wearing shirt at this point.

I’m digging it out right now and I’ll post a picture.

I actually don’t have a Blackwood one, but I do have a couple of Brodeur ones, including one I wore tonight, fresh out off a 4.5 mile walk

I think I only have a few sherseys. I have an Elias also. Most of them are old. The Brodeur one I wore tonight is from his jersey retirement, though I did not buy it that night. I got it online sometime that year. I also have one with the 2012 SCF that I got sometime in 2012. That one is too big and has seen some better days.

I used to have a Zajac that I lost. I have an Elias somewhere and I had a Taylor Hall one, which was literally stolen by my ex-girlfriend, who couldn’t tell you who the f*** the player even was, but she decided to take that and a Black Flag T-shirt of mine. She couldn’t even tell you it was a band.

wait. you had a girlfriend that didnt know who black flag was?

ya, .....some things are deal breakers....and music is number one

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
BE9912AE-93E0-47DE-897F-8E6702715159.jpeg
59E16076-2960-408C-AC43-893BC2D72358.jpeg
Here’s the current condition of that shirt. Kind of faded and went from black to chocolate brown from wearing it in the sun too much.

134611CA-9ACB-47BE-80D3-9B776641C70C.jpeg
F75A2DB0-7E9B-45AE-8815-271A91922E41.jpeg
This was tonight’s walking get up. Fresh off a 4.5 mile walk where it started out a disgustingly humid 88 degrees at the time of my walk just before 9:00 PM. This one is a size medium, the Schneider is a large. I tend to wear mediums, but some of them are a bit tight and this Brodeur shersey is one of those. Makes my moobs more noticeable cause it’s a bit of a smaller medium.

I try not to wash my shirts for every time I wear them, as that helps preserve them. This one is still in decent shape. If I wear a black shirt this time of year while working or walking/exercisIng during this time of year I get nasty white sweat stains on it and have to wash it before I can wear it again. So I broke that one out for night.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
wait. you had a girlfriend that didnt know who black flag was?

ya, .....some things are deal breakers....and music is number one
Nope.

She was maybe a little young for Black Flag, I’ll give her that. The original and real incarnation of the band broke up probably a few years before she was born, but her taste in music…. Just no.

I now know more about mainstream top-40 music than I have at any point in the last 20+ years because of her.

My girlfriends when I was younger listened to the same top-40 stuff, only whatever was current during the 90’s/00’s.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’d probably prefer you don’t sit in front of me because you’re a foot taller than me but I can’t imagine you’re infamous.

@ScottyK is f***ing Godzilla towering over Dano and he’s not even in this poll. That’s how big most of you are.

Like @Bleedred I’m not enthusiastic about posting pictures, but I will make a dramatic reveal now… the brother I often mention going to games with is an old poster, @JerryGigantic.

I wanted him to mention it when he dropped by once in the 2020-21 season, but he didn’t, and I couldn’t get him back on to do it. And then I kind of forgot.

He’s also a big fella, I guess that’s what reminded me.

I remember Jerry from back in the day. He was probably a more frequent poster 8+ years ago, but I remember him popping in from time to time since then and making a few posts now and then. Hope he’s doing well.

A lot of people post frequently, then just don’t for different reasons. I’ve been a frequent message board poster for….. it can’t be close to 30 years, can it? I guess so. Probably since the mid-90’s, though there wasn’t as much traffic on them as there are now. I wanna say I’ve been a little too active on online message boards since about 2002 or 2003. I used to post on like 10 different forums, but this is actually the one I post on at all anymore and pretty much the only one for the last 10-ish years. Some of them I just lost the energy to post frequently on, but there were a couple that I really liked, just like I do here, and they’ve since went offline. They weren’t hockey forums though.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I remember Jerry from back in the day. He was probably a more frequent poster 8+ years ago, but I remember him popping in from time to time since then and making a few posts now and then. Hope he’s doing well.

A lot of people post frequently, then just don’t for different reasons. I’ve been a frequent message board poster for….. it can’t be close to 30 years, can it? I guess so. Probably since the mid-90’s, though there wasn’t as much traffic on them as there are now. I wanna say I’ve been a little too active on online message boards since about 2002 or 2003. I used to post on like 10 different forums, but this is actually the one I post on at all anymore and pretty much the only one for the last 10-ish years. Some of them I just lost the energy to post frequently on, but there were a couple that I really liked, just like I do here, and they’ve since went offline. They weren’t hockey forums though.

He’s fine, he’s just a Facebook guy, between that and emails and texts, it’s hard to find time for other messaging.

I was actually on here first, my original Guttersnipe was from 2003, I told my brother about and he joined in 2006. I drifted off when he became really active.

When I went to look up posts to get those dates I found a old post where he mentions me. I never mentioned before in part because it’s not like he’s in some distant land. (And it felt weird, but yep, that’s my brother.)

BC296F32-050C-48F1-9A60-5FF9D7F5D654.jpeg

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
He’s fine, he’s just a Facebook guy, between that and emails and texts, it’s hard to find time for other messaging.

I was actually on here first, my original Guttersnipe was from 2003, I told my brother about and he joined in 2006. I drifted off when he became really active.

When I went to look up posts to get those dates I found a old post where he mentions me. I never mentioned before in part because it’s not like he’s in some distant land. (And it felt weird, but yep, that’s my brother.)

View attachment 577768

I'm trying to remember... was is avatar a pic of Elias in a cowboy hat?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

View attachment 577768

Now that you say it, I do remember your old Guttersniped account and I think you had a Tampa Bay Lightning playoff bandwagon avatar for a while? Probably from the 2011 playoffs (that was their only playoff berth between 2007 and 2014) but I think it wound up staying up there for a while, probably because you weren’t active enough (or possibly not active at all?) to really change it.

I had an account here back in like the early 00’s, before the forum was redone in like 2002? I may have even had going back to the late 90’s. I think this place was here already in the late 90’s, but not nearly as active, as not everyone had the internet at home or easy access to the internet, let alone internet access at all times on a cell phone like in modern times.

I can’t remember my exact name. I actually did remember it when I made this account, but my info wouldn’t go through. Said either my password or email was incorrect and I could never get back on. I’m pretty sure I was Martysbetter0131 at one point. Or Martysbetter013176. And if that was never an account of mine on this forum then it definitely was elsewhere.

The only posters I remember from really long ago are Jason MacIsaac and Brodeur. I’m sure there’s a few others, but they’ve either had name changes or account changes in the 20+ years since.

I got really active posting on forums around 2002-2003 after my girlfriend of 5+ years dumped me. It was just something to do.

By about 2007 I started working out in Easton (and eventually Bethlehem) PA and had a ridiculously long commute, which left me very little time to do anything on work nights, other than drive home, eat dinner, watch the hockey games (which I didn’t always make on time for the start) and then go right to sleep.

I moved from Jersey to Florida in 2011 and I made this account right around then and somehow got over 100k posts out of this thing.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Now that you say it, I do remember your old Guttersniped account and I think you had a Tampa Bay Lightning playoff bandwagon avatar for a while? Probably from the 2011 playoffs (that was their only playoff berth between 2007 and 2014) but I think it wound up staying up there for a while, probably because you weren’t active enough (or possibly not active at all?) to really change it.

I had an account here back in like the early 00’s, before the forum was redone in like 2002? I may have even had going back to the late 90’s. I think this place was here already in the late 90’s, but not nearly as active, as not everyone had the internet at home or easy access to the internet, let alone internet access at all times on a cell phone like in modern times.

I can’t remember my exact name. I actually did remember it when I made this account, but my info wouldn’t go through. Said either my password or email was incorrect and I could never get back on. I’m pretty sure I was Martysbetter0131 at one point. Or Martysbetter013176. And if that was never an account of mine on this forum then it definitely was elsewhere.

The only posters I remember from really long ago are Jason MacIsaac and Brodeur. I’m sure there’s a few others, but they’ve either had name changes or account changes in the 20+ years since.

I got really active posting on forums around 2002-2003 after my girlfriend of 5+ years dumped me. It was just something to do.

By about 2007 I started working out in Easton (and eventually Bethlehem) PA and had a ridiculously long commute, which left me very little time to do anything on work nights, other than drive home, eat dinner, watch the hockey games (which I didn’t always make on time for the start) and then go right to sleep.

I moved from Jersey to Florida in 2011 and I made this account right around then and somehow got over 100k posts out of this thing.

I did have that avatar for a while, because I liked it. It was just Guttersnipe but I couldn’t figure out how to get it back (an old email or something, I was very dumb about computers even in 2018. Even now really).

Posters I remember from way back who aren’t here:

“Pele”? I think. I remember him really liking Mike Richards as a prospect (JFC the gears are barely turning when I try to access information from then). I think he had Kramer avatar, which may be why I remember that, but he was very high on the player (as a prospect, in ancient times).

Feed Me A Stray Cat, with the American Psycho avatar? Was he a main board guy or the Devils board guy. I just remember them lol.

Maybe you can help with this, do you remember the psychotically anti-Brodeur/pro-Luongo poster from the main boards. (I think they had a fluffy cat avatar. Maybe?) I know that description fits more than one poster back in the day, but for one dude it was like their life’s work to shit on Brodeur. They always ranked Marty hilariously low among current goalies, he never in the top five. (When he was winning Vezinas lol.)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I did have that avatar for a while, because I liked it. It was just Guttersnipe but I couldn’t figure out how to get it back (an old email or something, I was very dumb about computers even in 2018. Even now really).

Posters I remember from way back who aren’t here:

“Pele”? I think. I remember him really liking Mike Richards as a prospect (JFC the gears are barely turning when I try to access information from then). I think he had Kramer avatar, which may be why I remember that, but he was very high on the player (as a prospect, in ancient times).

Feed Me A Stray Cat, with the American Psycho avatar? Was he a main board guy or the Devils board guy. I just remember them lol.

Maybe you can help with this, do you remember the psychotically anti-Brodeur/pro-Luongo poster from the main boards. (I think they had a fluffy cat avatar. Maybe?) I know that description fits more than one poster back in the day, but for one dude it was like their life’s work to shit on Brodeur. They always ranked Marty hilariously low among current goalies, he never in the top five. (When he was winning Vezinas lol.)
I remember Feed Me A Stray Cat (and he did have the American Psycho avatar) and he was one of the first guys to really talk about analytics and corsi on this particular forum on the website. I remember scoffing at the time, probably because he cited some otherwise mediocre player as having excellent numbers, which caused me to miss the point. In reality I found myself for the most part agreeing with him and those numbers as time went on. I remember really liking NHL.com’s zone time tracker on the game logs back in the day. They would always tell you how many minutes per period/game where spent in each team’s defensive zone and the neutral zone. The Devils in those years owned offensive zone time over the opponents more often than not. That to me was one of the first puck possession trackers other than shots on goal and shot attempts. For some reason they did away with tracking that stat on their game logs around 01-02 or maybe it was 02-03 and I was bummed out because of it. At that time that was literally an “Advanced stat” and the epitome of it in my mind.

I remember a guy on a non-hockey forum I spent a lot of time on (which has been gone for years and years now) that had a Kramer avatar. He wound up taking it down after Michael Richards racist tirade back in 2006. I don’t remember a Kramer avatar over here on the Devils forum though.

I remember the poster on the main board that was anti-Brodeur and a Luongo homer, but I can’t recall his name. I never spent much time on the main board and I still don’t. I’ll make a few posts there a week or maybe even less, especially to go on some rants making fun of Dubas’s answer to addressing his goalie situation this year to go on a rant about how all these bozos like Anderson, Jones, Korpisalo, Elliott, Rittich still get signed and their reputations still haven’t cost them (just like I do over here) and it’s good to post that over there, just because there’s a wider audience to be more familiar with all these goalies, as many of their teams have had one of these guys over the years. The guy you’re describing makes me think it was the same guy behind Brodeurisafraud with his very own account over here.

One notable main board urchin (who probably also spent a lot of time on the Rangers forum too) was I think JA#12 (maybe I got the number wrong? It was definitely JA) who I affectionately renamed Jackass#94 (for the cup year). He was a raging Devils basher who might have hated the Devils more than he liked the Rangers.

While we’re on the topic of the main board, I’m still missing brain cells over an argument from 2012 and claim that “Shane Doan is better than Patrik Elias”. I will never forget that. And it made me so mad that I have went on too many unnecessary Shane Doan rants, which I really don’t like doing, because I don’t dislike Shane Doan. I don’t wanna take shots at Shane Doan, but he was never better than Patrik Elias. Not earlier in his career, nor in 2012 when they were both 36 years old. The closest thing I’ll concede is that Shane Doan’s best seasons were better than Patty’s worst seasons.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One other inside joke I remember from around here and I don’t even think I remember when it happened, but it lasted for a while and someone had to explain it to me was “Trade for Bremier” which was a typo for Bernier.

Jonathan Bernier was a hot prospect in the late 00’s (really from before he was drafted) and early 10’s and it was becoming clear that Jonathan Quick was their guy and not Bernier. So talk of us going after Bernier to take over for Marty was a regular occurrence around 2011 through 2013. Maybe even earlier than that. Up until Toronto traded for him, which I think was only a week or two before the 2013 draft where we acquired Schneider. I even remember there being at least a couple of “Wait! We couldn’t even match that?” posts, so I’m pretty sure his trade came earlier in the off-season than the Schneider trade.

I know @Hockey Sports Fan will remember this. I remember him quoting the “Trade for Bremier!” line all the time and I believe he was the one who even explained it to me and that it was a proposal and the poster made a typo and typed Bremier instead of Bernier.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And I know I remember a crazy proposal for n here probably going back to 2007 or 2008 where it was Brodeur and I don’t even remember what else from us to the Kings for Bernier and Frolov.

I don’t think many people were in favor of trading Marty after that was suggested, but it was mostly agreed upon that the value wasn’t terrible either. Frolov looked like a pretty good player at that time and had somewhere close (not quite) to a PPG those two years.

One other funny thing is it seemed like there were either proposals or just talk of some kind of acquiring many guys that wound wind up eventually becoming Devils anyway.

Anywhere from Kovalchuk, Schneider, Bernier, Cammalleri, Jagr, to even Palmieri. Sometimes these talks were taking place years and years and even over a decade before we would get that player, but it’s funny how many of them I remember happening.

I remember a thread where someone asked “What would it take to get Ilya Kovalchuk here?” And one of the answers was “Good luck on being able to get Kovalchuk over here in any trade without sending Parise back to Atlanta in exchange”.

And I know there was something posted once from some “Source” (that may not have been a source) about how a Scott Gomez for Pavel Datsyuk swap was a real legit possibility.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
There was another season ticket holder that frequented the smoking area that TOWERED above me. I think his name was Hans, at least I thought I heard his friend call him that. The guy... I mean... he made me look normal size. He HAD to be at least 6'8.

Somewhere I have a picture with him in the parking lot of the arena after we won our first cup. I think my head only made it up to his shoulders.
6’8” is too big. I’d rather be a sawed-off little midget height I’m at right now (5’9” ) than 6’8”.
At that he height k it would be awkwardly tall. It wo be hard to find sports cars to fit into properly , cloths would be hard to find , you would stick out like a sore dink in a crowd , women would probably think you are too tall. I’d say 6’2” - 6’3” would be the perfect size.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
6’8” is too big. I’d rather be a sawed-off little midget height I’m at right now (5’9” ) than 6’8”.
At that he height k it would be awkwardly tall. It wo be hard to find sports cars to fit into properly , cloths would be hard to find , you would stick out like a sore dink in a crowd , women would probably think you are too tall. I’d say 6’2” - 6’3” would be the perfect size.
I already hit my head on a lot of stuff at 6'4".

And sports cars... just... no.

Unless it has a perfectly aligned sunroof.

And it's not raining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad