Post-Game Talk: Devils drop a turd in the 1st, showed amazing fight in the 3rd (still lost, though)

*Your* 3 Stars Of The Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Killorn is exactly the type of veteran the Devils should pursue this off-season.

A lot of the focus on these boards has been purely statistics or numbers with little regard for the ability to play the game. There are certain players who always have large roles on teams that consistently win games because they are willing and knowledgeable enough to understand what plays are required in specific situations.

I've been saying Killorn's name for years. His skillset and pedigree would transform the top-9 - perfect winger for Hughes, and a perfect mentor for our bigger bodies (Foote, Wood, etc.) - and push might finally come to shove re: Tampa's cap situation and related casualties.

Zacha - Hischier - Bratt
Killorn - Hughes - XXX
Kuokkanen - Boqvist - Sharangovich
Wood - Maltsev/McLeod - Studenic/Merkley

XXX eventually becomes Holtz/Mercer, but I wouldn't rule out an upgrade in the interim. If that happens (and the upgrade is a long-term piece), Bratt eventually slides down to LW3 and, in that case, Sharangovich almost certainly becomes the regular 20-goal scorer you hinted at above.

These are certainly trying times, but the forward group is closer than our recent results would suggest.

I trust Fitz to do what he has to do. He did seek out Crawford, after all.

Driedger from Florida would be excellent. Brossoit would work, too. I'd probably avoid guys like Raanta and Elliot due to age/injury concerns, but they wouldn't be terrible. We have options.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Killorn is exactly the type of veteran the Devils should pursue this off-season.

A lot of the focus on these boards has been purely statistics or numbers with little regard for the ability to play the game. There are certain players who always have large roles on teams that consistently win games because they are willing and knowledgeable enough to understand what plays are required in specific situations.

No thanks. I’d rather have Bastian.

Reactions: Owenay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad