Prospect Info: Devils Development Camp 2014

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So a overage sort of late bloomer guy that is putting up points sort of thing? Or am I lost?

A high schooler from NH I believe. Not that big, but supposedly high on the skill side. Pick reminds me of the Wood pick in that they are Northeast HS kids drafted later in the draft who seem to have good skill.

Only had about 8 goals in 20 something games but a bunch of assists. Said one thing he wants to work on is looking for his own shot more.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
he let in 1 goal

yeah but he hasnt looked all that great in any of the camp videos and had a really rough first half of the season in Albany. 1-2 years ago alot of HF posters were bringing up Wedge as the heir to Brodeur but right now, im not seeing anything all that impressive

NorwegianDevil

Jul 13, 2012
Trondheim, Norway
What do you think about that Lorito dude?
Seems like he got a nose for the net! All of his goals in the scrimmages have been well placed, which is really good!

Third on his team in points in the NCAA this year... Is that any good?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
yeah but he hasnt looked all that great in any of the camp videos and had a really rough first half of the season in Albany. 1-2 years ago alot of HF posters were bringing up Wedge as the heir to Brodeur but right now, im not seeing anything all that impressive

So youre losing faith in him because he had a rough first half, of his first AHL season, and still finished with a 2.39 gaa and .899 save %? Also had a winning record.

Last edited:

NJD1982

Mar 31, 2007
What do you think about that Lorito dude?
Seems like he got a nose for the net! All of his goals in the scrimmages have been well placed, which is really good!

Third on his team in points in the NCAA this year... Is that any good?

Dude is old, 24 years old. Would be worth a look in Albany but I'm not sure what his NHL potential holds.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Anyone think Curtis Gedig has a chance to crack Albany's lineup?

He captained Ohio St last season, big and mobile defenseman.

Semak

I do. He could get signed, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was to an Albany contract.

Then Kelly is on the way out if he isn't already and Burton won't be signed.

Gedig, Heg and McPherson all intrigue me. All the other two way D get the press, but I want to see who of these three, if Gedig gets signed, can emerge as the big DDman.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Then Kelly is on the way out if he isn't already and Burton won't be signed.

Gedig, Heg and McPherson all intrigue me. All the other two way D get the press, but I want to see who of these three, if Gedig gets signed, can emerge as the big DDman.
Helgeson is head and shoulders above the other two IMO.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Can anyone comment on who has the better defensive prospect pool between the Devils and the Flyers. A lot of Flyer fans are claiming they have a better prospect pool, but I don't know too much about their guys. I know they have two first rounders in Morin and Sanheim, as well as Gostibehere who excelled in the NCAA this year.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Can anyone comment on who has the better defensive prospect pool between the Devils and the Flyers. A lot of Flyer fans are claiming they have a better prospect pool, but I don't know too much about their guys. I know they have two first rounders in Morin and Sanheim, as well as Gostibehere who excelled in the NCAA this year.

I personally feel Severson and Santini are better bets to become solid NHLers than Morin and Gostibhere. However, I do feel that those two have a much higher ceiling than our guys. Morin obviously because of his unique size, and Ghost because he could be elite offensively. I feel Morin and Ghost are more likely to bust than Santini and Severson. I don't really know much about Sanheim, but they also have Hagg, who I feel has a similar style to Larsson.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
The thing about our defense pool is the incredible depth of it. We have a few guys with genuine #1 potential, but then there's like ten guys with legit shots at a NHL roster someday.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Why is anyone losing faith in Wedgewood? Give him time. Here's to hoping he progresses if Kinkaid is the backup in NJ and he gets a larger share of starts in Albany.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
The thing about our defense pool is the incredible depth of it. We have a few guys with genuine #1 potential, but then there's like ten guys with legit shots at a NHL roster someday.

Potential:

Top pairing: Merrill, Severson, Larsson
Top 4: Gelinas, Santini, Jacobs
Solid NHL D: Scarlett, Helgeson, Burlon, Gedig, McPherson

Getting ahead of myself, that's the potential for filling out our Top4 with 1-2 type defensemen and having Top4 quality Dmen on the bottom pair. ZBC, your objection is already noted.

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Why is anyone losing faith in Wedgewood? Give him time. Here's to hoping he progresses if Kinkaid is the backup in NJ and he gets a larger share of starts in Albany.

Wedgewood has always been raw as hell, I'm not giving up on him any time soon. especially with Cory locked up we can afford to let them all develop.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wedgewood literally just turned 21. How many goalies are really on the fast track to the NHL by then besides Marty? He's not even going to be starting at Albany this year. This is the next step, he'll get a few more games there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad