Boom Boom
Apr 25, 2006
Blacksburg
wat-jpg.8515

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Good. Devils possession and scoring chance numbers have been insanely good under him. Up to Lou to get some legit top 6 forwards on this team.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Good. Devils possession and scoring chance numbers have been insanely good under him. Up to Lou to get some legit top 6 forwards on this team.

Yup, we are a couple of offensive players away from being back to a better team, not a new head coach

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Unless they plan on trading Merrill or Larsson, I don't see how there getting a couple top 6 players. Stastny is really the only UFA that I'd go hard after and I don't think he leaves Colorado. Don't see Vanek or Moulson coming here. Were in a rough spot. I'm mentally preparing for more trouble next year.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Unless they plan on trading Merrill or Larsson, I don't see how there getting a couple top 6 players. Stastny is really the only UFA that I'd go hard after and I don't think he leaves Colorado. Don't see Vanek or Moulson coming here. Were in a rough spot. I'm mentally preparing for more trouble next year.

Well if Fayne is resigned I think Lou has to consider it at the draft if he can get another team to play ball.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Let's get mcdavid. I'm down.

So this coach will finish bottom in the league without top stars? Where are we getting that?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Yup, we are a couple of offensive players away from being back to a better team, not a new head coach

A lot of teams can say that.

Top 6 players don't grow on trees. They need to get rid of a lot of dead weight on this team before even acquiring these top 6 players.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Top 6 players don't grow on trees. They need to get rid of a lot of dead weight on this team before even acquiring these top 6 players.

Ryder or Brunner and maybe even JJ cut loose.

Assuming at least part of cbgb is let go too(and Jagr is brought back).

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Well Eddy if Debo is back CBGB is back. So is Harrold.

5 roster spots filled. Jagr back now. there's 6.

Josefson probably traded.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

When Parise and Sykora's offense wasn't replaced (was going to be difficult even without the ownership situation at the time), the foundation that was being built over several years began to crumble and it finally came down this past off season

We started somewhat of a new foundation with what we could this past off-season and now can try to build on it further this off-season

It's not to say we'll be contenders with a couple of offensive guys added, just a better team than we were this season and the SO situation which killed us is erased as the new slate/season begins

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
All the optimism here is all banking on the idea that Lou will be able to change this roster drastically.

I wonder how that's going to happen.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Well if Fayne is resigned I think Lou has to consider it at the draft if he can get another team to play ball.

Assuming Ryder gets dumped for a pick, and Gionta and Bernier are let go then that's 3 spots that are open in the top 12. I'll say Josefson fills Gionta's spot and Matteau slots in for Bernier so were looking at 1 spot in the top 9 that is open. Unless, Clowe gets Pronger'd or Zubrus is dumped, I don't even see where there getting the room from, let alone actually finding guys. Of course there's always the nuclear scenario of Jagr leaving, which I don't want to think about.

Were really in a jam right now. I actually think trying to move Zubrus might be there best option. Ruutu makes him redundant.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well Eddy if Debo is back CBGB is back. So is Harrold.

5 roster spots filled. Jagr back now. there's 6.

Josefson probably traded.

Sounds like Fayne will return. We will see if any buyouts happen or blockbuster that frees up spots on D.

Question then is where to free roster spots. JJ ya. Ryder and Brunner. Do you think they bounce back or do we trade away and sign someone else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad