Devils Current Standing

NHL Fanatik*

OKAY! Figured out this poll shenanigans.

Based on pre-season predictions, your thoughts, and last year's results...

Where did you think we would be at this current point?

Vote and discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:

NHL Fanatik*

Figured out how to add the poll lol...

SO, I personally believe we should be right where we are, because with the losses of Parise, Sykora, etc...

That's already a bunch of scoring.

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
With what we lost, and what we replaced them with, I figured we'd be a bubble team. Somewhere around 6th to 8th. So, yeah, we're right were I expected.

NHL Fanatik*

With what we lost, and what we replaced them with, I figured we'd be a bubble team. Somewhere around 6th to 8th. So, yeah, we're right were I expected.

This.

Parise and Sykora alone was a bunch of scoring, and that Devils team had enough trouble scoring as it is. After losing them...

I feel we have worked well though with what we have

NHL Fanatik*

Standings? About right. Points? Higher.

I think everyone would agree with you on this one :cry:

Devils aren't as dominant in the overtime and shootout this year as previous years have shown.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Considering I didn't think a season would happen at all this year, I don't really care how the Devils do. The short season is just a crap shoot to make the dance and get hot at the right time.

I don't know if the Devils have 'it' this year. But low expectations means I can't be upset at the end result, right?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I had us as a bubble team and that's exactly what we are ATM. The loss of two key players isn't helping us either but we aren't the only team to have injuries.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Pretty much where we are now in the standings but with a lot more points. I really didn't expect the East to be this bad.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I forgot exactly what I predicted, but I think it was around 6-8. Maybe closer to 8th than anything.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
We'll finish where we are. I hope we can get healthy enough to land that sweet number six spot though, as long as it's not the Canes who are occupying third.

apice3*

78% of voters so far had predicted us to be where we are, or worse.

So why the **** is everyone panicking in every other thread?

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
78% of voters so far had predicted us to be where we are, or worse.

So why the **** is everyone panicking in every other thread?

Eh... I won't defend panicking... venting sure.

Regardless, 4 ROW in our last 21 games is nothing to feel happy about, especially ceding points in dramatic fashion to the teams below us in the standings with an increasingly difficult schedule ahead.

We are where I thought we'd be, but not for reasons I expected. Starting hot out of the gate (thought many acknowledged flaws even then) and feasting on loser points in a conference that no middling team seems to want to take hold of and run is not inspiring hockey.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Eh... I won't defend panicking... venting sure.

Regardless, 4 ROW in our last 21 games is nothing to feel happy about, especially ceding points in dramatic fashion to the teams below us in the standings with an increasingly difficult schedule ahead.

This right here. The difference between when Moose was in were we weren't getting any loser points, and with Marty back we are. That's exactly what I said. Moose didn't necessarily cost us 2 points in those games he was terrible, mostly just 1. With how epically bad we are in the shootout, and can't win a god damn game in OT I think we could have had more OT points with Marty during that time period. Like more than what Florida had last year. And some of us were making fun of Florida for losing more games than won, but getting in because of loser points.

Back then we were losing to bad teams too, but it was earlier in the season and no one was out. Florida is half of the San Antonio Rampage roster right now.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I thought this team would be a bubble team. I just never expected it to play out like it did (and I also think this is why people are panicking). I never expected them to be one of the best teams in the NHL to start the season, and I never expected them to lose 345345 games in a row later on.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I expected the Devils to make the playoffs for sure, but to be in the lower half of the playoff qualifiers. So 5-8, pretty much where we are. I was hoping for 5 or 6 though. Now it's looking like we might just squeak in.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Pretty much where we are now in the standings but with a lot more points. I really didn't expect the East to be this bad.

Agreed I figured 6-8, but not like this. Never expected the East to be this bad. Also didn't expect the Rags to be as bad as they are either, figured the Atlantic was there's and a lot of things would of just played out like they did last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad