kDGGMPo.png

DQAGX3t.gif

k1PIdRi.png

wLyI8tK.png

WhKVryT.gif

o0bcHRC.png

jkhscxH.png

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
No idea on lines other than Zetterlund was practicing with Nico and Sharangovich.
I don't see that as a long term fit but if you are going to give it a try this is the game to do it. If you don't show up with a good effort even a bad team can beat you as NJ learned against AZ earlier this season but that AZ lineup is nothing special.

Reactions: JK3 and FooteBahl

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I don't see that as a long term fit but if you are going to give it a try this is the game to do it. If you don't show up with a good effort even a bad team can beat you as NJ learned against AZ earlier this season but that AZ lineup is nothing special.
This. Let’s see what he shows the last 10 games. If he excels, he’s a perfect piece for a third line next year.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Not sure why but I planned my evening around watching the game tonight , probably because I know I’ll regret not watching these last games as it will be a long ass time until we can watch Devils hockey again.
Wish we could have the lotto draft the second the regular season ends.
Then just skip until the draft.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
Not sure why but I planned my evening around watching the game tonight , probably because I know I’ll regret not watching these last games as it will be a long ass time until we can watch Devils hockey again.
Wish we could have the lotto draft the second the regular season ends.
Then just skip until the draft.
Strangely enough I started to enjoy watching the playoffs without us in it, about 2-3 years after we were kicking the can.

Would MUCH rather us be in there obviously - Im no sicko-psychopath. But its my chance every year to really see the talent from the rest of the league at their best, cause when you watch regular season games its hit or miss outside the star players

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I can’t imagine what the ratings for a 10PM game against the Coyotes will look like. Oof.

I honestly don't mind the 10 pm starts, for completely selfish reasons. 7 pm is often too early for me to be finished with making and eating dinner and putting my son to bed. I frequently end up either joining the game somewhere in the second period, or skipping it entirely if I see in the box score that we're getting shithoused.

With a 9 or 10 pm start, I'm usually free by then. And since I'll be up several times anyway when the baby needs something, I might as well watch the whole game.

I recognize that new parents are not a lucrative enough demographic for the NHL to schedule around though.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Alright boys, I got some decent coin riding on you to make the rest of the games interesting! Let's go!!

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Strangely enough I started to enjoy watching the playoffs without us in it, about 2-3 years after we were kicking the can.

Would MUCH rather us be in there obviously - Im no sicko-psychopath. But its my chance every year to really see the talent from the rest of the league at their best, cause when you watch regular season games its hit or miss outside the star players
Yes I watch as much hockey as I can possibly watch . I usually pick a game to watch when there is a certain player (s) that might even remotely be somewhat related to the Devils. Example - watching Keumper to see if he would be a good fit with us possibly as a UFA. Or if a guy is rumoured to maybe be available, Ill focus in on watching him . Or sometimes I just watch to see how different teams differ in style of play etc. and try to see what makes them successful or compare them to us .
I will watch the playoffs and I do enjoy watching. It just sucks the Devils are not playing.
I mis playoff hockey so much that I have tucked money aside to plan a trip to NJ to watch playoff games when that happens.Hopefully that is next year.
I still have my red towel my brother gave me from our last playoff series . He planned a vacation around going there for that. It’s hard to convince your significant other to go to NJ in April / may instead of going to somewhere like Hawaii lol.

Reactions: My3Sons and Rydev

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Let's see if Bahl-er can follow up the last game with another strong one.

Reactions: Mgd31

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Boqvist should be centering the 2nd line. We need to see as much as we can of him so we know what to do with him next season.
Presumably they sign some sort of one or two year deal when he's an RFA without arbitration rights. While they will have to offer him something above what he'd make playing in Europe, he'll be relatively inexpensive and still offer upside. I don't think playing him higher in the lineup this last stretch of games necessarily defines him for next season. That said, it's not a bad idea to put him for a couple of games with higher skill guys to see what might work.

Reactions: RyGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad