Claimed off Waivers: Devils claim Jean-Sebastien Dea

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Dang...the Pens NHL line-up is too deep for Dea right now, but when injuries come (and the Pens will have injuries) Dea would have been a decent call up. Oh well...such is life.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Could be a decent pickup for the Devils. He's got the talent to play at the NHL level, but I don't see him ever lighting it up. He's more in line with the Scott Wilson, Tom Kuhnhackl, Josh Archibald types we have produced out of the farm lately. Would have gotten a handful of games as an injury callup and not looked out of place, but wasn't in the long term plans for the Pens.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
I got to be honest I thought he be a nice pick up for the devils and I'm not sure if he played for Hynes before but good for Devils I guess.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
He’s been with the Baby Pens for four years now and never cemented a position with the big club. Was probably best for him to move on and try other opportunities.

He has some skill, but is the kind of guy that looks pretty, but doesn’t get a whole lot done.

shills

Jul 17, 2018
Pittsburgh
He’s been with the Baby Pens for four years now and never cemented a position with the big club. Was probably best for him to move on and try other opportunities.

He has some skill, but is the kind of guy that looks pretty, but doesn’t get a whole lot done.

I agree ... he's good organizational depth, but not earth moving for either organization.

Reactions: BHD

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Shero has a habit of taking guys like this - Noesen, Gibbons, Mueller - and turning them into decent NHL players.

I'm not exactly sure where he fits on the depth chart. Is he an upgrade over Boyle, Coleman, Noesen, or Quenneville?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I'm not exactly sure where he fits on the depth chart. Is he an upgrade over Boyle, Coleman, Noesen, or Quenneville?

Just rounding out the forward group, not sure Dea will displace anybody immediately other than Kevin Rooney who might have been in line to the 13/14th forward. Devils had an oddly low number of one way contracts, so I figured we might be in the market for somebody especially after guys like Joey Anderson and Nick Lappin were sent to the AHL.

If I had to guess on the roster (once they return from Europe and don't get the benefit of the expanded roster):

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Johansson-Zacha-Bratt
Wood-Zajac-Quenneville
Coleman-Boyle-Noesen
Dea-(Stafford?/Rooney)

Greene-Severson
Mueller-Vatanen
Butcher-Lovejoy/Santini

Schneider*-Kinkaid-Lack

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
hes a solid player, nj will be happy
Solid?

He's a fringe player. The kinda guy that fans will see for a few games and think they've found something then by the end of the year they realize he's a guy that will always be a 4A kind of guy.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Probably not someone you want to see on your NHL roster regularly. I wish him the best and would love for him to prove me wrong!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad