GDT: Devils @ Blues - 8 P.M. - MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
I'm going to confess today.

I truly did not think Luke Hughes was going to be this solid defensively at this early stage of his career. I knew the skating and offense was there, but man he is really solid overall in all aspects of the game.

He looks like a legit #2 guy and could be gunning for #1 by seasons end I am guessing. I could only believe with my eyes and now you have shown me.

Doubting Thomas.

Forgive me Father.
And the way Severson and Graves have been playing, lucky for us Fitzy didn't cave in and give them horrendous long term deals.

Let's keep it rolling boys!!!!

LFGD

I anticipate the eventual 'Mercer Got His Groove Back' GDT
I have a great feeling tonight is the night he comes up big and starts producing again like last season

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
It's crazy how many people thought Luke was a pure nepotism pick. Luke is 10 months younger than Owen Power despite being in the same draft class. It's nuts that he's easily as good if not better than the #1 overall pick from his draft class despite being essentially one full year behind in his development time.

1699017444131.png

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I'll be blunt, if we don't score at least 5 powerplay goals tonight then this team is just a bunch of frauds. Get it done
The Blues will commit 8 egregious penalties but only be called for 3 since the Devils will score on 2 of those.

Once a team scores some PP goals, the ref looks at his game management book and knows he can put his whistle away.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Hope so. The stats are starting to really stand out now. Haulas snakebitten goal drought (but otherwise decent play last season to start) looks 10x better than Mercers pointless drought this season.

If Mercer continues playing like he is that's not even a concern. He's playing the same game that Nico plays - competitive all over the ice. May lead to feast or famine in terms of points at times. But it is the type of hockey that wins games.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
And the way Severson and Graves have been playing, lucky for us Fitzy didn't cave in and give them horrendous long term deals.

Let's keep it rolling boys!!!!

LFGD

I have a great feeling tonight is the night he comes up big and starts producing again like last season

Incoming Mercer hat trick!!!

(Yeah, we're doing this again)

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
It's crazy how many people thought Luke was a pure nepotism pick. Luke is 10 months younger than Owen Power despite being in the same draft class. It's nuts that he's easily as good if not better than the #1 overall pick from his draft class despite being essentially one full year behind in his development time.

View attachment 762358
And just to think Nemec and Casey are still seasoning ... Going to be something in 2-3 years..

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ

View attachment 762358
You must’ve read my mind this morning, I was debating with myself in the shower if Luke was better already lol.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Back to back games on the road can be really tough. Hoping the team comes out strong and gets the first goal.

It's nice to know that we can come back from deficits pretty easily with this offense, but even nicer to score first and always be ahead.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Hope so. The stats are starting to really stand out now. Haulas snakebitten goal drought (but otherwise decent play last season to start) looks 10x better than Mercers pointless drought this season.

Mercer's like barely an NHL player this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad