GDT: Devils @ Blue Jackets - 7:30 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I need to pack my car to go fishing tomorrow. People make fun of me for how much crap I bring.

I estimate I carry about 12000 flies. I keep them in a milk crate and select what I need for the day... I've been told it borders on obsessive-compulsive?

It takes like 30+ minutes to get all my stuff in the car lol

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I need to pack my car to go fishing tomorrow. People make fun of me for how much crap I bring.

I estimate I carry about 12000 flies. I keep them in a milk crate and select what I need for the day... I've been told it borders on obsessive-compulsive?

WE make fun of you HERE regardless of how much crap you bring fishing.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Wouldn't it be crazy... if McLeod turned into a legit two-way threat, first rounder? And we had him playing on the 4th line.

That patience tonight was an eye opener. If he can get confidence and develop the moves - suddenly it looks like he has the wheels to be a really good player.
Nah. He got a long look at being a 3C last season and fell flat on his face.

He's a 4C plain and simple. And a damn fine one. But lets not consider him again playing with skilled players in a more advanced role.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
One good play doesn’t make mcleod good any more than one good start makes Blackwood good.
McKenzie's stat sheet looks like Hall of Famer when compared to McLeod.

134 starts -62 wins - .907 SV% - 8 shutouts

McLeod
214 games 19 goals - 58 points. We'll even give him the career 55.8 career FO%

Reactions: MasterofGrond

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's this...

That article is from two days after his last post here lol.

And it’s funny that his second to last post was “Pulju is a bust” on the eve of his possible waiving by the Oilers.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
McLeod is a poor man’s Zajac with speed. He’s an ideal bottom sixer when he’s on.
Maybe a 35 year old Travis Zajac in his last game with Islanders before retirement... otherwise that is wildly insulting to Zajac's career

McLeod is a center version of AJ Greer and probably not as talented a goal scorer.

McLeod is the kind of player you get undrafted after a 4 year NCAA career and you celebrate the player for "making it"

When he's an 11 turned 12 overall pick from a club trying to rebuild....well that's just awful.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Maybe a 35 year old Travis Zajac in his last game with Islanders before retirement... otherwise that is wildly insulting to Zajac's career

McLeod is a center version of AJ Greer and probably not as talented a goal scorer.

McLeod is the kind of player you get undrafted after a 4 year NCAA career and you celebrate the player for "making it"

When he's an 11 turned 12 overall pick from a club trying to rebuild....well that's just awful.
Probably one of the weaker draft classes

It’s not like they reached for McLeod either as he was ranking anywhere as high as 7 and low as 20 with a consensus rating off 15

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Probably one of the weaker draft classes

It’s not like they reached for McLeod either as he was ranking anywhere as high as 7 and low as 20 with a consensus rating off 15
Of course it was a reach... even by the rankings you quoted it was a reach while we were sitting there at #11 with Chychrun and McAvoy on the board...there was a slew of forwards that went before our pick and we missed out on it. We forced picking a forward when it was blatantly obvious it was the wrong choice...and none of this is hindsight, I among many others were saying it on the day, as it was happening.

Chychrun was listed as a top two prospect in the mid season rankings and fell because a perceived lack of offense upside/low ceiling.. but at 11 that was the "dumb as a door knob" easiest pick ever.

Edit:
and the "weaker draft class" thing with Fox, McAvoy and Chychrun in the top 66 picks...seems a bit off too.
One has won the Norris and the others have been in the conversation.
Yeah 3 Norris candidates in the top 66 picks is a weaker draft....for a fantasy league maybe.

The Devil simply zigged when they should've zagged.

Last edited:
Reactions: tailfins

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Of course it was a reach... even by the rankings you quoted it was a reach while we were sitting there at #11 with Chychrun and McAvoy on the board...there was a slew of forwards that went before our pick and we missed out on it. We forced picking a forward when it was blatantly obvious it was the wrong choice...and none of this is hindsight, I among many others were saying it on the day, as it was happening.

Chychrun was listed as a top two prospect in the mid season rankings and fell because a perceived lack of offense upside/low ceiling.. but at 11 that was the "dumb as a door knob" easiest pick ever.

Edit:
and the "weaker draft class" thing with Fox, McAvoy and Chychrun in the top 66 picks...seems a bit off too.
One has won the Norris and the others have been in the conversation.
Yeah 3 Norris candidates in the top 66 picks is a weaker draft....for a fantasy league maybe.
McKenzie had those three lumped together
13-Chychrun,14-Mcavoy and 15-McLeod.

I’m not defending the pick as I think it was awful but I could see why they went with the forward considering Lee Stempniak that year was our third leading scorer and they had close to nothing in the pipeline for forwards

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
McKenzie had those three lumped together
13-Chychrun,14-Mcavoy and 15-McLeod.

I’m not defending the pick as I think it was awful but I could see why they went with the forward considering Lee Stempniak that year was our third leading scorer and they had close to nothing in the pipeline for forwards
Think about though...

Organization: damn we have no scoring...I know let's pass on Defenders and pick this McLeod guy....who literally had trouble scoring goals in OHL

McAvoy had as many points last year as McLeod had in his career to that point. Chychrun has more goals today than McLeod has points in his career.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Think about though...

Organization: damn we have no scoring...I know let's pass on Defenders and pick this McLeod guy....who literally had trouble scoring goals in OHL

McAvoy had as many points last year as McLeod had in his career to that point. Chychrun has more goals today than McLeod has points in his career.
But Mcleod is fast and we want a fast team - Shero

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
For a period of time he actually was one of better goal scorers. 3rd on the team in Goals from 2017 to 2021.

I get he's not playing well right now but don't diminish his accomplishments.
That just shows how bad those Devil teams were.

He never learned how to use his teammates at all. He was always a one trick pony, breakaways.

Thing is, he wasn’t particularly successful on those breakaways. He was a bigger, stronger Michael Grabner.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.

“Not taking this fly, it’s a disgrace. And this fly has only caught 2 fish per year for the last 6 years. But I love this fly….”

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

I think aj Greer is a sillier comp than Zajac, tbh, but both are off. I think he's more Pandolfo offensively, without Jay's ranginess and defensive instincts (which were his best qualities) but with better speed, more physical, ability to carry the puck, some escapability and of course the faceoffs.

It's important to note that Pandolfo didn't become a regular until his 24-25 year season after four years at BU and Mikey just turned 25 last week.

He's more important to this team right now than many would like to admit and he might be just beginning to gain confidence in his role.

Reactions: theoptimist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad