Post-Game Talk: Devils beat Sabres 4-3 in OT! The Zacha Edition

Devils 3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
@NJDevs26 uh, c'mon. Are you going to allow this?

LOL either this is extremely coincidental or he's just tweaking me...but whatever let's go nuts tonight.

If I really wanted to be a debbie downer I'd point out we barely managed to squeeze past the Sabres despite them missing their franchise center and losing their hot goalie due to injury. I do think it was important to get a win by hook or crook to stop the bleeding but as much as we should be getting pumped over individual players I'm not sure how much this can carry over from a team standpoint.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Sean Couturier: 118 points in first 287 games
Pavel Zacha: 117 points in first 280 games​

Couturier led the Q in scoring in his 16-17 year old season.

Which was a more impressive showing than Zachas 18-19 year old year. But sure, Zachas gonna be one of the best 2 way centers in the game starting now because another player had a slow start playing as 3rd line center behind Giroux and Schenn

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
uh...no he wasn't. He was playing amazing all year and made Tennyson look decent.
396743e719533c49c9c3670b257b5af0.gif

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
new here.. what’s the background?

Welcome! I kinda casually pointed out on a couple of occasions that big centers sometimes take longer to mature within the context of defending 23 yr old Pav... ala couturier...

It's known as "the lazy couturier comparison.". .
Just happy you brought your stats page with ya...

Reactions: Guadana

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
uh...no he wasn't. He was playing amazing all year and made Tennyson look decent.

Numbers wise they got caved because Tennyson. I wouldn’t say he looked “amazing” though. I thought Smith looked fine to start the year. Outside of the first Philly game where he was downright awful. He and Severson dominate every game now

Reactions: Nubmer6

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
LOL either this is extremely coincidental or he's just tweaking me...but whatever let's go nuts tonight.

If I really wanted to be a debbie downer I'd point out we barely managed to squeeze past the Sabres despite them missing their franchise center and losing their hot goalie due to injury. I do think it was important to get a win by hook or crook to stop the bleeding but as much as we should be getting pumped over individual players I'm not sure how much this can carry over from a team standpoint.

Love it. Is that you, Jacques Lemaire? Never too high, never too low.

Reactions: NJ Fan 12

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Ah yes now I remember, I looked it up, that was the year they walloped the Avs in the opener and Butcher had like 3 pts. Of course Miles scored 19 goals that year but he was scratched in favor of studs like Brian Gibbons Drew Stafford and Jimmy Hayes.

Hey Jimmy Hayes had the GWG that game and Brian Gibbons was our leading goal scorer for a while

Reactions: billingtons ghost

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

Which was a more impressive showing than Zachas 18-19 year old year. But sure, Zachas gonna be one of the best 2 way centers in the game starting now because another player had a slow start playing as 3rd line center behind Giroux and Schenn

Aw c'mon man... Don't derail the hype train we are running tonight.

You have a point though. Zachas points were all garbage points, after all.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Have a Snickers
Glad we understand each other. :)

...........wait a minute.... :confused:
Hahah.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Not sure if this was mentioned in GDT, but Sharanovich had a good spurt in 3rd period with Zajac down low, they seem to click better than whomever Zajac was paired with before . Still missing a bit of Kuokkanen though (he had a couple good bursts after he settled in...)

Goose is coming along........

Reactions: Guttersniped

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Hey Jimmy Hayes had the GWG that game and Brian Gibbons was our leading goal scorer for a while
Lol yeah I remember that, and then Jimmy Hayes was out of the league for good before the year was over. But hey that was the last year we went to the playoffs so I can’t hate Hynes too much for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad