GDT: Devils at Stars 8:30 on MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
It blows but our season is literally over and it's only the middle of December. They're 4 games under now. I think it's a safe bet that this team will not see a single day the remainder of this season at or over .500

8 wins in the last 28 games :facepalm:

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I wonder if there is danger in waiting until the deadline to trade the vets? Could they regress even more? Is this a relative highpoint for them?

Glad Merrill and Gelinas scored. I wonder if the sum of D scoring is close to the sum of O scoring...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It blows but our season is literally over and it's only the middle of December. They're 4 games under now. I think it's a safe bet that this team will not see a single day the remainder of this season at or over .500

8 wins in the last 28 games :facepalm:

Yeah and I don't think there's any unexpected rally coming the way there was in 2011, that season could have been just one long, ugly eight-month suckfest if not for Lemaire, instead it actually got redeemed a bit in the end and we actually got two fun months out of it.

I don't think there's any redeeming coming for this season, it's just gonna be a long slow leak in a tire.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
I still to this day think Kovalchuk royally blanked you guys over and I'm pissed that the league never compensated you guys for that..

You guys gave up alot to get him and well.. He just pulled a typical Russian move and high-tailed it of the US..

Big POS IMHO.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I still to this day think Kovalchuk royally blanked you guys over and I'm pissed that the league never compensated you guys for that..

You guys gave up alot to get him and well.. He just pulled a typical Russian move and high-tailed it of the US..

Big POS IMHO.

Sure we got ****ed but Lou hasnt done a single thing to replace him but its been 2 years almost since the incident... How long will we give him a pass ?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I told myself I was going to watch it, but when game time rolled around I just couldn't do it. Looks like I didn't miss anything.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

Big POS IMHO.

Yeah, it's ******. But I would do it again if we could get another superstar.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Sure we got ****ed but Lou hasnt done a single thing to replace him but its been 2 years almost since the incident... How long will we give him a pass ?

He tried to get us Seguin I think that's the last star player we were known to be going after....who knows how many he's tried we just don't have many assets to do anything

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
He tried to get us Seguin I think that's the last star player we were known to be going after....who knows how many he's tried we just don't have many assets to do anything

That is sadly true. The only real assets we've had the last couple years that could get a Kovy or Parise replacement have been the kids on defense and the top 10 pick we used to trade for Cory. Maybe we could have packaged something together there, but then you have to ask yourself, is it worth giving up multiple assets for one when you're already pretty low on assets? Or is it smarter to suffer through stopgaps for a couple years, stockpile assets, and then maybe make a move for an impact forward? It's just a ****** confluence of players leaving and not having replacements in the system. It's kind of what we suffered through on defense after Stevens, Niedermayer, and Rafalski were all gone.

MountainGoat

perfect night for us in the standings

...Buffalo is 1 point behind with 1 game in hand what the ****

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Should be longer in my opinion. I mean he's not innocent in helping create this slug-fest roster up front. But realistically within in 2 years we lost two top wingers in the entire NHL. One could have been foreseen, the other not really. Either way you slice it that is a massive blow to any franchise, and it wasn't going to be fixed within two seasons.

I don't understand how Cammy played last night, Deboer even said he wouldn't if the injury situation wasn't that bad. I know they're tough athletes but we can't risk losing a player of his caliber for any longer than necessary. Call up someone and let him rest for ****s sake. Absolutely bush league personnel management.

brule2000

Jan 9, 2006

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this but suggest you check out the official website homepage. Take a close look at the "toys for tots" photo and notice the message on the notice behind the donation board. :laugh:

The cabal are planting subliminal suggestions to prepare us for the unthinkable! :sarcasm:

MrHockey80

Sep 23, 2007
After watching last night I will not watch another Devils game until they fire this clown. Its all been said already so I won't repeat but this team has become unwatchable. Its time for Deboer to go!!!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Don't know if anyone else has noticed this but suggest you check out the official website homepage. Take a close look at the "toys for tots" photo and notice the message on the notice behind the donation board. :laugh:

The cabal are planting subliminal suggestions to prepare us for the unthinkable! :sarcasm:

Fire Lounge

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
After watching last night I will not watch another Devils game until they fire this clown. Its all been said already so I won't repeat but this team has become unwatchable. Its time for Deboer to go!!!

Firing him won't change the fact we have a bunch of old guys that aren't capable of playing hockey for the full 60 minutes, let alone the entire season, double let alone deep into the playoffs. This season needs to be thrown away, vets traded off for picks, and a hopefully we get a quick turn around getting some better young players with the $30m cap space being freed up in the next 2 years. I don't want to see any FAs over the age of 30 signed to any sort of multi year deals on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad