GDT: Devils at Sabres, 7:00 pm 3/29/24

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
TBH it was probably the kill on the 2-man advantage in the 1st that took away the Devils early surge, Levi was a major part of it by saving everything that wasn't tipped in by a Sabre as well. After the goal in the first minute of the 2nd it just kept building the entire game, there were long stretches of dominance.

Fair to note here that the Sabres got zero (0) PP's, which I'm wondering when the last team one team had an early 2-man and the other got nothing at all. It seems to be one of those unwritten rules of reffing (for other teams) that you'd at least call one of the obvious ones later like Bahl's vaudeville hook on Tuch, but they declined.
It amazed me that they didn't call that one and the obvious trip on Bo. We'd be complaining about it much more if the game finished differently.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Anyone else turn the game off after the 1st and then check the final score before bed and end up really surprised?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anyone else turn the game off after the 1st and then check the final score before bed and end up really surprised?

I was out and about, periodically checking the score. The pattern was 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 3-2, 5-2. :laugh:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
OK, folks are gushing over the Sabres comeback and Tage's performance.

Not me..... I watched the rebroadcast and as far as I was concerned, the Sabres were a mess in their own zone and Jersey was clearly the better team overall.

But the better team does not always win the game.

Tage got 4 goals and still made numerous miscues and stupid decisions on the ice.

Hughes - 86 - really impressed me.

Levi also. He kept the score 2 - 0 and 2 - 1 and was the real hero of the game for me.

It amazed me that they didn't call that one and the obvious trip on Bo. We'd be complaining about it much more if the game finished differently.
The officiating really, really sucked. It was obvious that McCauley had zero intentions of calling anything on NJ.... (because it was Buffalo....)

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
They need to write down in their notebooks how they worked tonight and came back from a 2-0 deficit, so they can refer to it and do it again the next time it happens. Good to see them play well tonight.
Jersey outplayed Buffalo overall.

Levi outplayed Jersey.

Allen collapsed in the 3rd and couldn't even cover his own rebounds.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad