GDT: Devils at Capitals 7:00 PM Verizon Center

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
If PP1 is dangerous you leave Carlson on it, all else being equal. Green being on PP2 then makes that unit much more dangerous. Opponents need to be deep at PK. You wear out more of their players and fewer of your own.

You also need to make sure you have a solid, consistent PP1 all year in the event Green is gone at some point due to a transaction or injury. We all know this.

You don't change, even if Green looks good, unless Carlson looks bad.

I didn't say anything about Green.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I wasn't specifically replying to you.

Fair enough. Anyway, Green is the gunner from the Ovi spot on PP2 and I don't see anyone else who can fill that role. Fehr hasn't shown the ability to do it despite his good shot. I guess that means if Carlson continues not to be a threat on PP1 that I'd be advocating for Niskanen to be tried for a stretch.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Screw it, let Green roll 2 minutes on the powerplay. At the point on PP1 and at the left circle on PP2. Green's not being used to PK and isn't getting a ton of ES minutes. He can handle it.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Screw it, let Green roll 2 minutes on the powerplay. At the point on PP1 and at the left circle on PP2. Green's not being used to PK and isn't getting a ton of ES minutes. He can handle it.

I saw him on the PK in both the last 2 games actually. Not sure how many mins he played but he was out there.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I saw him on the PK in both the last 2 games actually. Not sure how many mins he played but he was out there.

He has a total of 1:12 on the PK so far. For reference, Jack Hillen has 1:03. Maybe Trotz will use him more on the PK in the coming games, but so far Green has been the #5 option there. Trotz is keeping the pairs together on the PK as best as possible.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
He has a total of 1:12 on the PK so far. For reference, Jack Hillen has 1:03. Maybe Trotz will use him more on the PK in the coming games, but so far Green has been the #5 option there. Trotz is keeping the pairs together on the PK as best as possible.

Heh...thought it was more than that but whatever. He's an adequate PKer but clearly Carlzner, Niskanen and Orpik are better options and thats not a knock on Green. Its just that those guys are pretty good there.

I have a feeling our PK will be much improved. Over the last 3 years or so we've been wearing Carlzner down ragged and I feel that has really shown in our generally poor PK.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Personally, I'm not convinced Niskanen is a better option than Green on the PK, but I also understand wanting to keep the defense pairs together.

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver
I would still like to have Ovechkin & Green on the ice at the same time for the majority of the 2 minutes. Green is the best on the team at faking it and sliding it down for the one timer from OV and is much more of a threat on the right point than Carlson or Niskanen.

HOLDITHERE*

God this team ****ing sucks. Trotz is useless. Oates didn't have enough time. Kuznetzov is a joke. Mojo is the only reason I tune in.

eh?

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
On Wednesday morning, after the Sharks had completed a morning workout at the Caps practice facility here in Ballston, San Jose coach Todd McLellan had a quick chat with Trotz.

“Todd told me: ‘That’s the best I’ve ever seen No. 8 play at both ends of the ice. And away from the puck.’ Which is a high compliment from a guy who I consider to be one of the best coaches in the league,” Trotz said.

Link

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Money quote.

006fd811b42bb561542996b7ffb15bb36f25449f5f063eacac886919da848ce6.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad