Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire F Curtis Lazar for 4th in '24

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
...sure? I guess they're not comfortable with Foote/Holtz/Clarke being an emergency recall for the playoffs.

Don't like that he has term. But as a 13th forward he is an adequate option.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
He's not an upgrade on anyone. And not intended to be, at least in my eyes, to justify this pick up. He's depth. Having moved Johnsson and Zetterlund out, we have lost our depth at forward. If a forward gets hurt between now and the end of the playoffs, we are now thin. This move makes sense. 21 games to go in the season and potentially 28 more in the playoffs. We are likely to have someone go out over that time.

With Luke coming in, and a bunch of at least mediocre but serviceable guys in Utica, an injury on defense will be less of an issue for us. But this is a depth piece we needed.
F9F22D37-6393-401E-A9D9-138BD966FA12.jpeg

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
...sure? I guess they're not comfortable with Foote/Holtz/Clarke being an emergency recall for the playoffs.

Don't like that he has term. But as a 13th forward he is an adequate option.

The term really doesn't matter, if he isn't worth keeping in the NHL we can bury his entire salary in Utica.

Lazar is well-liked and a great teammate, the absolute worst case scenario is that he's a perfect (albeit slightly expensive) AHL veteran for a couple of years. Doesn't hurt our cap either way.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Lazar sucks, definitely could've gotten a better depth piece, but whatever. I'd be totally happy with him never seeing the ice for us

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There’s literally no downside…a 4th rounder is basically a lottery ticket where if you get a guy who has a Lazar like career you win. And the fact he has term is a plus when you’re talking about a minimum salary guy, this isn’t a Barclay Goodrow deal here

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
I don’t like it but whatever it’s only a fourth. Would have rather got someone who scores a bit more like trenin

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I don’t like it but whatever it’s only a fourth. Would have rather got someone who scores a bit more like trenin

Trenin may not be available, or maybe Fitz inquired and the price in picks was too high.

Nashville might have some weird expectations after Tampa bafflingly gave up so much for Jeannot.

Reactions: devilsblood

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
There’s literally no downside…a 4th rounder is basically a lottery ticket where if you get a guy who has a Lazar like career you win. And the fact he has term is a plus when you’re talking about a minimum salary guy, this isn’t a Barclay Goodrow deal here
i dunno, if your fourth rounder turns into Lazar, you should be looking back and asking “who should we have taken instead?”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad