Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Draisaitl led the Oilers in scoring last year. Guess that #1OA McDavid is a bum...
When we start talking about one player with 97 points and the other with 110....Then your comment might make sense. Nico would need two seasons to get to those totals

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So you're saying Nico will lead the team in scoring after he's played 15 games?

Can we bet?

Only if all the rest of the guys miss 11 games at some point. You have to know how asinine what you are saying sounds.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Hey hey hey. . I love that Zacha is proving all the doubters and haters wrong, but lets not mix Nico into this, especially when he just had his best game of the season (by far). He's coming back from a bad injury, in the middle of a season, with very little training, lets be easy on him, he'll be fine!

I don’t see how Nico doesn’t get a couple weeks grace period

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I said earlier "Nico would need two seasons to get those totals" I was wrong:

If you take Nico's last 3 years combined they don't equal McDavid's 97 points

2018-19 69 games -
2019-20 58 games
2020-21 4 games - 131 games total = 84 points

Nicomo Cosca

Aug 13, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
When we start talking about one player with 97 points and the other with 110....Then your comment might make sense. Nico would need two seasons to get to those totals
What an odd shtick you have here. The night after a big comeback win where Nico played very well and scored a goal (and is also apparently the only player on the team that knows how to win face offs) and you still feel the need to shit on him? Bizarre.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What an odd shtick you have here. The night after a big comeback win where Nico played very well and scored a goal (and is also apparently the only player on the team that knows how to win face offs) and you still feel the need to shit on him? Bizarre.
People were shitting on Zacha during a 6 game scoring streak....What's the difference?

IT's 8 now BTW.

Reactions: LeedsMonster

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
No...But I expected more than 1 point in 4 games
I'm sure most did, but I'm also sure most understood the circumstances and also know coming in cold into the best league in the world is never easy for anyone. I think you just like to be a contrarian just like last week when you WERE ragging on Hughes.

Reactions: Darkauron

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Zacha had 0 points in his first 4 games, five weeks later he's getting his jersey retired.
It's just freaking hilarious to me the two players, Wood and Zacha, that everyone has been trying to trade/get rid of for last two years are responsible for like a 1/4 of the teams goals...... 27% of the teams goals are from Wood and Zacha

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm sure most did, but I'm also sure most understood the circumstances and also know coming in cold into the best league in the world is never easy for anyone. I think you just like to be a contrarian just like last week when you WERE ragging on Hughes.
Hughes is now doing what he is supposed to....Nico is not.

And for me this is largely spurred on by the horrific year both of them had last year...If you go back to last season Nico had 3 points in his last 11 games...So we are at 4 points in last 15 now. Yeah circumstances...I know...You know what else are "circumstances" Being the highest paid player and wearing the C are also "circumstances"

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Hughes is no doing what he is supposed to....Nico is not.

And for me this is largely spurred on by the horrific year both of them had last year...If you go back to last season Nico had 3 points in his last 11 games...So we are at 4 points in last 15 now. Yeah circumstances...I know...You know what else are "circumstances" Being the highest paid player and wearing the C are also "circumstance"
Wait....what?? How are these circumstances? That makes no sense.

Reactions: Guttersniped

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So your answer is to resort to shitting on a more popular player to prove a point?

More popular for NO reason... Yes it is my point...You can literally have a guy with 13 points in 15 games and people tell you he needs to be gone from the team...While another with 4 points in his last 15 be considered "A Savior"

Think about that dichotomy for a moment...

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Hughes is now doing what he is supposed to....Nico is not.

And for me this is largely spurred on by the horrific year both of them had last year...If you go back to last season Nico had 3 points in his last 11 games...So we are at 4 points in last 15 now. Yeah circumstances...I know...You know what else are "circumstances" Being the highest paid player and wearing the C are also "circumstances"
HF arguments always get so insanely muddy with what people are trying to say. What exactly is your point, I haven't disagreed with anything you have said because I haven't actually seen a point. Is Zacha better than Nico? Is Nico just not a good player period and you always knew and this is an I told you so? What is the actual topic at hand.

Reactions: Darkauron

Nicomo Cosca

Aug 13, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
More popular for NO reason... Yes it is my point...You can literally have a guy with 13 points in 15 games and people tell you he needs to be gone from the team...While another with 4 points in his last 15 be considered "A Savior"

Think about that dichotomy for a moment...
“No reason?” That’s absurd. Nico has been a better player thus far in his career than Zacha. It’s not even debatable. This is straight up trolling now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad