Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

In today's episode of falling down the Devils rabbit hole, and in light of his NHL career potentially being over, here's another of my favorite goals.

Being there live, and only 20 seconds after tying the game, this is one of the loudest moments I've ever gotten to experience at the Rock. I'll miss Kovy for sure.

this game and the Henrique its over game were the only 2 games I missed live during that Cup run

that Zajac pass so was underrated

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
what do you think the Johnsson trade was?

We gave up a young guy with a cheap contract that everyone has penciled in to a bottom six career for a guy with poor metrics last year who is coming off of knee surgery and whose numbers may have been inflated playing in Toronto.

I mean, I hope Johnsson rebounds next year, but what do you think that trade was?

Schmidt for a third round pick was taking advantage. Murray for a 5th was taking advantage. Johnsson? I’m a lot less sure. It doesn’t seem like a slam dunk win for the Devils.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I am curious to see how scheduling will work because I feel like on paper the Devils’ duo is one the best in the Atlantic. Which puts the Devils in a good position to do well.

Devils: Blackwood/Crawford, Good defense, ok offense, New Staff, Unknown potential (3-8).

Islanders: Varlomav/Sorokin; Varlomav is meh, Sorokin is unproven, boosted by a good team/great coach. I can see them being first in the division. 1-4.

Flyers: Hart/Trash (Elliot, Lyon) Great Offense, Ok defense (mostly offensive defenseman), super streaky. They could go 2-4.

Penguins: Jarry/DeSmith are basically unproven. Older, weird offseason moves, to include a mostly new staff. 2-8

Caps: Samsonov/? (Slim pickings) Luckily, they have solid defenseman and Ovi, but also a completely new coaching staff. 2-8

Bruins: Rask/Halak, solid tandem but Rask is a wildcard. He could very well opt out and has some questionable years. They start the season down two starters and they lost a top 4 defenseman. 2-8

Rangers: Shesterkin/Georgiev/Kinkaid, rookie, unproven backup, best rangers goalie ever. Apparently Georgiev might not be available to start the season due to visa issues. Shesterkin had a nice debut, but it’s a small sample. Rangers defense is terrible. Offense is their key to success. 4-8

Buffalo: Ulmark/Hutton, umm..maybe Hall can play goalie. 1 good line on offense, a couple nice defenseman, dysfunctional organization. 4-8

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

In today's episode of falling down the Devils rabbit hole, and in light of his NHL career potentially being over, here's another of my favorite goals.

Being there live, and only 20 seconds after tying the game, this is one of the loudest moments I've ever gotten to experience at the Rock. I'll miss Kovy for sure.

This was the second game I went to during the run. The first game was the blown 3 goal lead vs Florida so this game felt really nice

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
what do you think the Johnsson trade was?
Another small forward who had 8 goals last year, that'll make up for losing Simmonds production, We have plenty of small forwards that only score a little, plus we traded away Hall and Pickles last year who's making up for that ?and our defense is weak, this team needs exponential help, its not nearly good enough, maybe the coaching change will get us some more wins, but we're looking at another lottery pick next summer. I'm becoming impatient, maybe its alright with some of you guys here, but I want this team out of the basement. Did we all settle for mediocrity now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad