Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Spin zone: we've been without Jesper Bratt since December/January anyway so it'll be like a trade acquisition in a month

Reactions: Billdo

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Ok, and Zacha is your scoring threat??That guy is huge and he plays like a little *****.

thank you for this tremendous analysis

using +/- to decide who plays where in the lineup is one of the sillier suggestions I've seen.

+/- is basically a meaningless stat.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
They're not 4000 miles away for the next month

A) from the sounds of it, Bratt is only going to miss a handful of games. He isn't out longterm.
B) do you think that it would be prudent to have one of the young guys from Bingo fly all the way over to Sweden for 1 day basically?

I don't like Stafford either but its the best and most realistic option at this point

Reactions: HenriquesJawLine

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
A) from the sounds of it, Bratt is only going to miss a handful of games. He isn't out longterm.
B) do you think that it would be prudent to have one of the young guys from Bingo fly all the way over to Sweden for 1 day basically?

I don't like Stafford either but its the best and most realistic option at this point

11F 6D.

Reactions: njdevils1982

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
One thing I wonder....can Bratt play with a fractured jaw? I could've sworn guys have done it in the past but they wear a protective helmet

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
said 2-3 weeks for bratt so hopefully like 5 games only. can play once it's healed a little bit wbut with a full cage. hurts though, rough way to start the season when he's looked so good to start

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

How is that prudent exactly? Unless you meant 11-7, they could do that but honestly this is what I was talking about a while back with people treating fourth liners as net negatives and think thirteenth forwards have to be some kid, when it’s really a matter of either they fill their role or they’re overslotted.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
i was so wrong last year went i said over and over and over about stafford being a one year stop gap placeholder…….and here we are today.

what are the chances there are no injuries and he sits all 82 games?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Horrible news. Bratt .

He will lose that weight and strength he worked so hard at putting on by not eating properly

Team will dearly miss him.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdisonDevil

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The genesis of a goal against often happens in the opposite zone 3 or 4 steps/plays before the the actual goal is scored. Attributing a goal to individual is probably the most flawed concept I could possibly think of.

If Kovalchuk turns the puck over at the opponents blueline on the right wall and the defender quickly sends the puck to the left wall to a forward catching Andy Greene with his momentum going into the offensive zone and Severson has to slide over to cover for Greene and a goal is scored who is that on? I can show you a year's worth of these examples on tape.

And coming here for the last bunch of years for the GDT,that scenario is almost 100% of the time blamed on the defense from the watching fans. And it's purely not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad