Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I agree there’s nothing new in that column about Hall, just speculation and stuff we already know.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

If we want to take this Cory injury at face value it could explain why someone here said there was confusion over whether Blackwood was coming up Saturday or not.

Brooks is a bitter little man-baby who loves sniping at us from across the river whenever things aren't going well.

I hate Brooks but he does 'occasionally' break news (such as the Kovalsuck lifetime contract, he had that before anyone else in the summer of 2010). Most of the time he just editorializes though.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
In the same article, Brooks also called Zach Parise the franchise's best player to never win a cup with the team. Without naming names, I can think of two names I'd put above him in that category.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
In the same article, Brooks also called Zach Parise the franchise's best player to never win a cup with the team. Without naming names, I can think of two names I'd put above him in that category.
??? Two? I don't think there is one

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Technically if we're just talking about best players and not 'when' they played here, Brendan Shanahan never won a Cup with the Devils so I'd put him above Parise :sarcasm:

Reactions: Darkauron

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Last time cory was injured kk had a very good run, including the first 6 games of this sesosn... maybe he goes on another knowing theres not a "starter" trying to take his job back.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Technically if we're just talking about best players and not 'when' they played here, Brendan Shanahan never won a Cup with the Devils so I'd put him above Parise :sarcasm:

Kovy maybe is one

Ding ding ding.

I'd hear arguments against putting Shanny up there since his time here was short and early in his career (Or at the tail end of it), but he did put up Parise-esque numbers in his time here and was a very tough SOB.

Kovalchuk was a beast in the playoffs whereas Parise disappeared. Kovalchuk with half of a back is a big reason (Possibly the biggest reason) this team made it to the finals in 2012. Parise could never take over a game like Kovalchuk could.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

I think he meant best player as a Devil to not win a Cup here .

ZP is one of the top no doubt due to production and longevity

Muller was better overall, Kovy can be in the discussion but he's behind Kirk and ZP.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Kovalchuk's 2012 playoff performance disagrees.

He was good in the playoffs but the idea he carried us Claude Lemieux '95 style is a bit overstating it. It was a true team effort. Henrique scored the two biggest goals, the fourth line pitched in big-time during the first round and Game 5 against the Rangers, Marty did his thing after the Game 3 fiasco against Florida, etc.

And Parise was good in 2009 in the playoffs as well, not his fault the rest of the team stunk it up. Other years he didn't do as much in the postseason though.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Last time cory was injured kk had a very good run, including the first 6 games of this sesosn... maybe he goes on another knowing theres not a "starter" trying to take his job back.

I'm thinking Kinkaid wasn't really worried about Schneider. He did have a front row view of the Cory's demise after all.

Reactions: glenwo2

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad