Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) V - Trade Deadline Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Also, I don’t think Hynes is a players coach because he is too easy on the players. I think, from interviews, the players respect that he is up front with them and, while he is demanding, he is also reasonable.

That’s a tough line to walk; being demanding and still having the players like you.

Yeah admittedly I was real worried he was losing the locker room during our death spirals in December and March last year but Shero accurately bet on certain personnel (Camm, DSP, BB, etc) not wanting to compete being the issue more than the coach.

Reactions: mdj12784

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
That sucks.. I dont expect Mojo back until the playoffs or slightly before it if we make it..
it's just depressing, because i assume that means he must be really down, or at least his friends and family think that he's down and needs the cheer up :(

ugh i used to like marchand, since he toed the line, but now i'm disgusted

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Have to give Hynes props. Having to manage a locker room filled with so many personalities has to be tough. Also knowing when to yell at the players... or when to be calm and reassuring, or when to pat them on the back.

If you yell at the guys a few times and the team keeps losing, they tune the coach out real fast.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
it's just depressing, because i assume that means he must be really down, or at least his friends and family think that he's down and needs the cheer up :(

ugh i used to like marchand, since he toed the line, but now i'm disgusted

I read a tweet earlier that a bunch of friends came because their hockey leagues shut down for the Olympic s so they had some time off

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
That sucks.. I dont expect Mojo back until the playoffs or slightly before it if we make it..

The iffy injury status of MoJo makes me think Shero will definitely add a forward at the deadline. In earlier comments Ray sounded like he wouldn't be interested in a rental, but that was when he thought MoJo would be back soon. Now that it's lingered I wonder if he'd consider going after a Thomas Vanek or something.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The iffy injury status of MoJo makes me think Shero will definitely add a forward at the deadline. In earlier comments Ray sounded like he wouldn't be interested in a rental, but that was when he thought MoJo would be back soon. Now that it's lingered I wonder if he'd consider going after a Thomas Vanek or something.

I can almost guarantee you Shero has no intention of acquiring Vanek.

Reactions: CoryForVezina

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
I can almost guarantee you Shero has no intention of acquiring Vanek.

I dunno .. he's the kind of vagabond scorer the Devils could use down the stretch .. he's having a solid season .. gonna log 50 plus points. He's strong on the powerplay ... good shot. RW .. I think he'd help.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Sucks if MoJo's career is in jeopardy after two bad concussions this year. He barely got going with us, and we haven't even seen him at his best.

Sucks if it doesn't work out. And Brad Marchand is allowed to do what he does. Makes me sick.

Are these concussions so severe that his career is in jeopardy????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad