Devils 2016-17 team discussion (player news and notes) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
honestly, I don't care if they win another game this year now that the playoffs are out of reach. I won't actively root for them to lose, but the losses won't bother me

wish we could fast forward to the trade deadline already.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
i don't mind giving Zacha every 3rd or 4th game off at this point..... he is 19 not used to this type of scheduling and is not playing great... so as much as I hate not having him in lineup there has to be some sort of theory behind this...

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
honestly, I don't care if they win another game this year now that the playoffs are out of reach. I won't actively root for them to lose, but the losses won't bother me

wish we could fast forward to the trade deadline already.

In other words..........trade everybody?

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
At this point, it would be nice to get a win or wins, but that just means that our pick will just start getting lower and lower. In all seriousness, what kind of team do you think would be open to trading for Schneider, and what do you think they would be willing to give up. Some teams that might be interested in trading for Schneider due to needs and such are Vancouver (Benning = no rebuild), Dallas, Calgary, Florida, Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg, Isles, and Canes just to name some possibilities if he were to get traded, but what kind of package do you think these teams could muster up

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Cory finally gets mad and calls out team. Gets sat next game. :laugh:

I would have put him right back in.

I doubt that's WHY he's sitting but the optic of him sitting and having to clarify/apologize for his comments at the same time isn't great.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I doubt that's WHY he's sitting but the optic of him sitting and having to clarify/apologize for his comments at the same time isn't great.

I wasn't implying that was why he was sitting, more stating that after doing so and showing some fire, to not play him is silly to me. He obviously has the desire to do whatever he can to get this team back on track, I know Kinkaid deserves some starts but I think it only makes sense to go right back to the goalie who responded with that type of emotion. He could thrive on it.

But it's small stuff, really. In the end, he'll be back in on Saturday.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
Sitting Cory is stupid ... he needs to be out there seeing as many pucks as he can so he can work thru his issues. It's not like this is a back to back or something.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The frustration from Cory is 100% understandable. If the staff or any teammates were perturbed by them, they can stuff it.

He just said what everyone was thinking and far more gently than I would have in his situation. This team doesn't even seem angry about how they've played and that's a problem.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think our prospect pool is fantastic...I think seeing Zacha, Speers, Lappin, Wood, Quenneville and Pietila this season has been great. Hopefully we'll see Santini, Coleman and/or Blandisi sometime this year as well. Unfortunately we lost Boucher for nothing, I think that was a mistake.

It is nice seeing Anderson, McCleod and Rykov representing their countries in the WJC tourney

I think Appleby, Wedgewood and Blackwood in the AHL is a good cupboard of goaltenders.

The defense could use a few more prospects...and we haven't gotten what I expected out of Santini and Jacobs in the AHL this season but it is very early and injuries have played a role...Regardless we could use some defensive prospects. We shouldn't lose sight that Severson is only 22 years old also...but this area is soft right now.

I think it is pretty short-sighted to blast the prospect pool for the poor performance we are seeing in NJ right now. There is a lot of good in our system from a prospect perspective. We've used 8 players 23 years old or under this season and just because they are not prepared to make more of an impact right now doesn't downgrade them one bit. And let's not forget, the environment they have to come into here in NJ is not the best situation for young players. Rookies/young players coming into a losing situation is never good and yet we've still gotten good contributions from young players like Wood, Zacha, Lappin and Severson

The biggest problem this team has right now is the coaching staff. They are really bad and it really is that simply.

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
I think our prospect pool is fantastic...I think seeing Zacha, Speers, Lappin, Wood, Quenneville and Pietila this season has been great. Hopefully we'll see Santini, Coleman and/or Blandisi sometime this year as well. Unfortunately we lost Boucher for nothing, I think that was a mistake.

It is nice seeing Anderson, McCleod and Rykov representing their countries in the WJC tourney

I think Appleby, Wedgewood and Blackwood in the AHL is a good cupboard of goaltenders.

The defense could use a few more prospects...and we haven't gotten what I expected out of Santini and Jacobs in the AHL this season but it is very early and injuries have played a role...Regardless we could use some defensive prospects. We shouldn't lose sight that Severson is only 22 years old also...but this area is soft right now.

I think it is pretty short-sighted to blast the prospect pool for the poor performance we are seeing in NJ right now. There is a lot of good in our system from a prospect perspective. We've used 8 players 23 years old or under this season and just because they are not prepared to make more of an impact right now doesn't downgrade them one bit. And let's not forget, the environment they have to come into here in NJ is not the best situation for young players. Rookies/young players coming into a losing situation is never good and yet we've still gotten good contributions from young players like Wood, Zacha, Lappin and Severson

The biggest problem this team has right now is the coaching staff. They are really bad and it really is that simply.
Wood and Severson yes. Zacha and Lappin? No.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Wood and Severson yes. Zacha and Lappin? No.

Zacha is 19 years old...The expectations of him were ridiculous and I said that ALL summer long. He has performed well under a horrific coaching staff. A guy as talented as Jonathan Drouin was sent down to the AHL as a 19 and 20 year old... even with getting the opportunity to play with outstanding players on a very good team....Zacha has performed reasonably well under bad circumstances.

Lappin, while a bit older was playing in the NCAA this time last year...And he has been better than EVERY SINGLE person we used in the bottom 6 last season.

This seems largely unreasonable expectations to me

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I really don't get why they didn't send Zacha to the WJC. Would have been good for him...

They 100% should have allowed him to go to the WJC.
Bad decision by Ray Ray,

Zacha now has the confidence of a pencil-neck geek freshman dude with acne approaching a hot sorority upperclass gal at a bar.

He could have used to the WJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad