Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Should've added a sarcasm thingy but I thought it was relatively obvious lol

But Appleby has been really good though

With the way this board has been of late, I wasn't too sure. :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, he has been good. He's a big body that moves well and is positionally and technically solid. Should be interesting to see him and Blackwood battle it out for the next couple years in the AHL.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm really looking forward to seeing Coleman get a shot and how they use him.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Isn't that what we said last year too?

Yes, and the year before that, and the year before that and pretty much ever since we had a lineup that included Kovalchuk, Parise, and Elias. Bottom sixes tend to look better when the top six is good. And by the time our top six is good, we should have some more of our prospects coming up. No point in blocking their way up.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I think the fact that they're trying a rookie with no NHL experience as the 1C in practice tells you how the organisation feels about our center situation.

Good to know they're aware how bad it is.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I think the fact that they're trying a rookie with no NHL experience as the 1C in practice tells you how the organisation feels about our center situation.

Good to know they're aware how bad it is.

or its Hynes just messing around with things in practice and it doesn't mean anything

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
or its Hynes just messing around with things in practice and it doesn't mean anything

You don't do something in practice unless you're contemplating doing it in a game. If he's just messing around why don't you see stuff like

Josefson-DSP-Cammy
Zacha-Severson-Rico
Fiddler-Palmieri-Johnny Mac
Terreri-Hall-Kalinin

Schneider-Bennett
Lovejoy-Helgeson
Merrill-Deb Placey

Santini

I mean why not, right?

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
You don't do something in practice unless you're contemplating doing it in a game. If he's just messing around why don't you see stuff like

Josefson-DSP-Cammy
Zacha-Severson-Rico
Fiddler-Palmieri-Johnny Mac
Terreri-Hall-Kalinin

Schneider-Bennett
Lovejoy-Helgeson
Severson-Merrill

Santini

I mean why not, right?

:sarcasm:

I mean, except for the fact that he's done this before and explicitly said not to look into the line combos much, but yea sure!

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Even if Coleman starts with Hall on the no. 1 line, there is a very good chance he gets demoted by 2nd period. It happen with Zacha as Zajac finished the game centering the Hall line.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Even if Coleman starts with Hall on the no. 1 line, there is a very good chance he gets demoted by 2nd period. It happen with Zacha as Zajac finished the game centering the Hall line.

They probably just wanted to put him with good players in practice to see what he's got. Coleman practicing with Kalinin and DSP isn't going to really showcase his abilities at all.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Yeah pretty much...like Matteau being on our (cough) first line a few years back, and playing there for two shifts on his way to getting 12 minutes a night.

mike30

Jul 17, 2014
New York
The New Jersey Devils are an intriguing team ahead of the March 1 trade deadline and beyond. They're one of the very few teams in the league with lots of salary cap space plus they've got 18 draft picks at their disposal over the next two years, including four second-rounders and four third-rounders. Between the cap space and the picks, I believe the Devils plan to use that as assets to try and pry a good player or two from teams that are cap-strung and may be having issues re-signing some guys. I'm not saying there's another Taylor Hall out there for the Devils but certainly, GM Ray Shero has some assets at his disposal whether it's before March 1 or in the off-season to try and upgrade his team.

per lebrun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad