Devils 2015-16 team discussion (player news & notes) Offseason version

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I guess to me the bottom line about advertising on jerseys is I want to be able to buy jerseys without advertisements for services or products that aren't the Devils on them. I just like to be able to pick what I'm going to be a walking advertisement for especially if I'm paying well for the privilege. I can probably live with the eyesore of advertisements on jerseys if I have the opportunity not to look like a billboard. And I would be okay with selling the jerseys with advertisements for cheaper, since maybe that helps a broader part of the fan base be able to afford them (and if they aren't cheaper, would anyone buy them if there is another option available?). If jersey prices for jerseys without advertisements don't rise too much, I suppose I could live with it. Most important thing of course is putting a winning team back in our jerseys. That should be the main focus of ownership, not profiting from jerseys, so hopefully that is the case. I will forgive a lot if we can get back to being a consistent playoff presence.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
OmNomNom's post/picture needs to be carried over from the end of the previous thread:

"we'd be the new jersey prudentials, and the redwings would be the detroit pizza pizzas"
View attachment 90073

You've convinced me. If the Red Wings have to wear that, I'm in. This should spawn a thread on the mainboard with each team posting their new corporate jersey logos. :laugh:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
OmNomNom's post/picture needs to be carried over from the end of the previous thread:

"we'd be the new jersey prudentials, and the redwings would be the detroit pizza pizzas"
View attachment 90073

You've convinced me. If the Red Wings have to wear that, I'm in. This should spawn a thread on the mainboard with each team posting their new corporate jersey logos. :laugh:

Given the Red Wings new arena plans, that jersey logo might be very realistic. :laugh:

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

View attachment 90073

starting a thread on mainboards for the luls HAHAHA.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Oh FFS no advertising on the jerseys. There's enough ****ing ads on the boards, all over the arenas and digitally on the glass (on some broadcasts) plus all the commercials during the games. I don't want our uni's to look like some cheesy Euro crap league's.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh FFS no advertising on the jerseys. There's enough ****ing ads on the boards, all over the arenas and digitally on the glass (on some broadcasts) plus all the commercials during the games. I don't want our uni's to look like some cheesy Euro crap league's.

Agreed.

It hasn't even been 30 years since they've added advertisements to the boards in the NHL. No need for them on jerseys. That is Euro league stuff. It's real bush league too.

If It's not enough that we already have an automobile on display at Barclays Center behind the glass at ice level. :laugh::shakehead

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This isn't really a NHL or Devil's issue at the moment. The ad in question is for the 76ers in the NBA.

Ads might come to the NHL, but they aren't here yet.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Apparently Friedman thinks that Geoff Ward, one of our assistant coaches, could be in contention for the Flames head coaching job. I would be sad to see him go. I think his experience was valuable to our coaching staff, and I thought the things that were his responsibility did well overall this season. Hopefully the Flames go in another direction, and Ward remains with us.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He coaches our PP and I'd rather not lose him.

Although our PP has looked good under 3 different coaches, since that half season of Matt Shaw. It still produced under Oates, though allowed a short handed opportunity every game.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
He coaches our PP and I'd rather not lose him.

Although our PP has looked good under 3 different coaches, since that half season of Matt Shaw. It still produced under Oates, though allowed a short handed opportunity every game.

Yeah, our PP has looked good under other coaches beside Ward, but I was pleased with the job Ward did, and I also think he brings valuable experience to the table and that is good since Hynes and Nasreddine (spelling might be off) are really quite new to the NHL. Hopefully if Ward leaves we can bring in another experienced coach.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Competition for the Flames job is high apparently, so I wouldn't be to worried at the moment. They have a long list of guys they want to interview.

Sure, just thought it was worth mentioning, especially since I thought Ward did a good job this year and contributed to the team's success. I wouldn't recommend panicking, but I thought it was worth sharing even if only to change the topic from jerseys:P

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Competition for the Flames job is high apparently, so I wouldn't be to worried at the moment. They have a long list of guys they want to interview.
I think he'd jump at the chance to be a head coach there, as he has a legit chance at the Jack Adams if they make the playoffs. :sarcasm: But didn't they supposedly fire Hartley so that they could go after Boudreau? Haha they missed out on that.
Yeah, our PP has looked good under other coaches beside Ward, but I was pleased with the job Ward did, and I also think he brings valuable experience to the table and that is good since Hynes and Nasreddine (spelling might be off) are really quite new to the NHL. Hopefully if Ward leaves we can bring in another experienced coach.

I've wanted the Guy for a while, but he's signed on as a head coach in Ottawa now. Maybe we can re-up with Foligno, since he's coached PP's in the league before. :sarcasm:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think he'd jump at the chance to be a head coach there, as he has a legit chance at the Jack Adams if they make the playoffs. :sarcasm: But didn't they supposedly fire Hartley so that they could go after Boudreau? Haha they missed out on that.

I've wanted the Guy for a while, but he's signed on as a head coach in Ottawa now. Maybe we can re-up with Foligno, since he's coached PP's in the league before. :sarcasm:

They are on record wanting someone coming from a winning environment.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Because we were such a bad defensive team. Except we were top 10 in suppressing shots and goals against.

While riding Greene/Larsson into the ground, Moore playing #3 minutes, and having elite goaltending. Besides, I never said we were bad defensively. I am just still pretty lukewarm about how Nasreddine handled the defense. And if it came down to losing him or Ward, I'd rather lose him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
While riding Greene/Larsson into the ground, Moore playing #3 minutes, and having elite goaltending. Besides, I never said we were bad defensively. I am just still pretty lukewarm about how Nasreddine handled the defense though. And if it came down to losing him or Ward, I'd rather lose him.

Lars and Greene had normal top pairing minutes. I think the focus on their zone starts is really overblown.

End of the day team defense more than got the job done. Shot suppression has nothing to do with elite goaltending.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No thanks to Foligno. Been there, done that.

My thoughts exactly. I can't believe we had him as a scout this year. Hopefully he got a 3 year contract and its up now.

He can go to work for the Sabres or Blue Jackets with one of his kids.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Lars and Greene had normal top pairing minutes. I think the focus on their zone starts is really overblown.

End of the day team defense more than got the job done. Shot suppression has nothing to do with elite goaltending.

Maybe not, but goal suppression certainly does. Also shot suppression is not the be all end all when it comes to defensive play. It really is more of a team stat when you consider all 5 players on the ice have a hand in it.

And again, I wasn't saying we were bad or that Nasreddine is an idiot. I'm just not ready to anoint him as a good coach with the defense yet. His love affair with Moore is the same kind of **** that previous coaches have gotten blasted to high heaven for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce