GDT: devil cane

I don't know if Aho is back so we get a poll anyways

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
1671558317186.png

the "young" devils will need walking canes by the time we're done skating circles around them

MisterDobz

Tryin to Reason with Hurricane Season
Apr 13, 2022
Chicago, Florida
True story, my first in-person hockey game ever was a Jersey Devils game In the late 60s. Not THIS Jersey Devils, but the East Coast League Jersey Devils who played in the Cherry Hill Arena, wonderful little barn, sat about 3,000, one side was noticeably higher than the other, so the home team got to skate downhill for two of the periods. Couldn’t afford glass behind the goals, instead had chain link fence… made the old Boston garden look like it had big ice.. but you could bring your own skates and you could get a skate in after each game.

second iteration of Jersey Devils were the WHA team that was the New York Arrows, couldn’t afford the NYC rents, so moved down to Cherry Hill for about a dozen games before disappearing forever. I will never forget when Winnipeg came to town, seeing Bobby Hull skate down the wing, loading up for that big slap shot, and the THUNK sound as the puck hit the chain link fence.

This Jersey Devils team is viewed in south Jersey as a usurper of the name, just a retread of the old Kansas City expansion team.

please kick their butts back to Newark.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I’m almost more interested in who wins the Corsi battle than the score. Carolina and New Jersey are #1 and #2 respectively. A true puck possession-palooza.

With Aho doubtful, Devils are probably the leaning Corsi faves for tonight. I hope Kooch is ready tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad