GDT: devhur

Who is the best Martin in sports?

• Total voters

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
But also imagine people thinking Jordan Staal is basically a geriatric when you’re basically his same age. Even us mere 35 year olds are over the hill and steadily increasing (decreasing?) farther to the wrong side.

But oldens are cool and wise and they have the best stories.
When an athlete I walked through graduation with received the designation “DNP-Old” I knew it had happened.

The scarier moment was realizing my wife and I could legitimately have a kid the age of Svech.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
When an athlete I walked through graduation with received the designation “DNP-Old” I knew it had happened.

The scarier moment was realizing my wife and I could legitimately have a kid the age of Svech.
One of my kids would be on the back end if her career (29 this year) the other would a prime vet at 25. Pf course my youngest is 15 so

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You don't know my history on this board. That part was probably never in question.

Hey @Blueline Bomber. I have a question. I noticed the other night when a goal was scored, Mike wasn't quite sure who scored it (I think it was the Svech goal). It was hard to tell as it was the one that bounced off of Bunting, but as they were celebrating, he said it was Svech.

Does the broadcast production team quickly tell Mike and Tripp who scored in those cases? Or are the left to their own screens to figure it out?

They're left to their own devices for the most part. Usually when it's a deflection in front or a puck goes off a "bevy of humanity", the tracking software often just credits the shooter, so that's the name that first populates. Then everyone looks at the replays and it's like "Ah, that's who actually gets credit."

Whenever a goal is scored, the production team is more focused on getting all the angles, seeing which is best, as well as making sure there were no challenges, penalties, etc.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Isn’t this game supposed to be on Bally? Can’t find it on the app

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad