Devereaux Heshmatpour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reilly311

I got the latest Hockey News in the mail a couple days ago and in the back it has a little article on him. There's one quote that says "His skating is a drawback. But his size and strength at 17 are immense." I did a search and didn't see anything much on him around here. Anyone see this kid play? :dunno: It says he's the ranked 71st by ISS

acr*

Heshmatpour sounds like the name of some village in Nepal

Hey, did you hear, they're coronating the new Dalai Lama at Heshmatpour

Reilly311

actually, his last name sounds like the name of a Egyptian King or Pharaoh

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
Kyle Woodlief insists he's 28.
He retracked that statement.

I don't mean to get off topic about his name here, ;) but if you want someone who's best and really, only attribute is size then Heshmatpour is your man. Based on talent alone, he shouldn't get drafted. But his size will probably put him somewhere in the second round because of some team that might be foolish enough to think there is "upside" there. And at that size, he could even go in the first round *cough* Bryan Boyle *cough*

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
For those who want to watch him, Oshawa will be playing Sarnia tommorow night on Sportsnet. (I'm pretty sure it is nationally televised)

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Interesting article.

Mighty Ducks movie got him into hockey. Pretty amazing that a Disney movie might actually influence a kid making it to the NHL.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Vinland said:
theo6060 said:
He retracked that statement.

I think he clarified rather than retracked.

What the hell is 'retracked'? Retracted.

Dev has no puck skills, no skating, no savvy. He should go 5-7th round in the next draft... may go higher but will be a waste.
A project to say the least. Makes Boris Valabik look like Mario with the puck.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Watching him tonight, I can see why people are so hard on him. Not very impressive. His straight-line speed is decent for a guy of his size, but his lateral mobility is non-existant. Loses battles for the puck because he's so sluggish. I don't know if he completed an outlet pass all night. There were 3 or 4 shifts where Sarnia was just buzzing with contained pressure and Heshmatpour just looked lost standing around ... if he got the puck, he just limp-wristed it along the boards, it was picked off, and the pressure continued. Stood around and gave 5'10 Richard Clune all kinds of time to bat home a rebound on Sarnia's 5th goal. Made some strange positioning decisions. Showed off a nice slapshot a couple times, but wasn't very accurate with it. I don't see his game translating well at all to pro as neither his head nor his feet seem to move very quickly.

Nick Tuzzolino, the other 6'6" 2005-eligible defender in the game, looked much better although he's an 86. Rangy guy with good mobility who moved the puck nicely.

leafaholix*

I'm thinking Heshmatpour will be lucky to get in the top 6 rounds. A team looking for physical toughness and possibly a goon-type enforcer may draft him earlier... he's all of 6'6 or whatever and as strong as an ox, but his mobility is awful and his mental game sucks.

Atleast that's what I picked up from 3 periods of watching him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad