Development camp

ahtikullervo

Jul 31, 2006
Estonia
Development camp started yesterday. 46 kids out there. Was anybody watching? What does the future look like? 14 invitees, did anybody of them make a y noise? What about Estonian guy Robert Rooba (#74, Team Green) - could he break into the system?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Practices aren't open to the public, but there will be two public scrimmages, one on Saturday, and one next Tuesday.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Development camp started yesterday. 46 kids out there. Was anybody watching? What does the future look like? 14 invitees, did anybody of them make a y noise? What about Estonian guy Robert Rooba (#74, Team Green) - could he break into the system?

I'll pay attention to #74 if I see him at the scrimmage for ya.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I've been in the wrong thread! I must have been blind. Anyways thoughts from what I saw:
-Not impressed with Kahkonen
-like that Tuch planted himself in front of the net for his goal
-Reilly spin-o-rama is going to become a thing if it isn't already
-3-on-3 was a breakaway mess

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Liked Jack Walker for the tryouts. Small, speedy guy with several good chances. Ryan Graham was noticeable too. Vecchione had about 5 chances but had the Brodziak finishing ability.

Eriksson Ek and Tuch looked good. Reilly definitely has the offensive touch. Tried to do too much in the first half imo. Lucia's skating has gotten much better. Zack Mitchell showed he played in the AHL last year.

Fairly pro-style game for the most part. Not a lot of breakdowns. Thought Belpedio had a few too many turnovers in his own zone. Otherwise no one really stood out as playing poorly from the stream. Will be interested in opinions of those who attended.

Great stuff to watch on a Saturday afternoon, especially the 3 on 3!

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Didn't really get to see Rooba that much, so sorry about that OP. From the little bit I saw of him, it looked like he had a strong shot.

On to the other players.

Reilly looked really ****ing good in the offensive zone. Beeds some work on his defensive game, but he looks like a stud.

Tuch and Ek also looked very good, as to be expected.

The player that most impressed me was Jack Walker, really reminded me of Zucker with his play style.

Another guy I was impressed by was Mitchell. Might see him up here in a few years, since he's already had some AHL experience.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Greenway & Ek dominated, Tuch looked really good. Should have some More good power forwards soon

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Jack Sadek looked impressive too. Very composed and a good athlete. Nice 7th rd pick. Echoing what otherS also said about Walker too

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i only caught the first 30, walker breakaway nails the pipe, hoglund gets drilled into the boards knocking glass loose. peterson was having words with hoglund later??? nice pass ek to mitchell for first green goal. not many other highlights imo.

ahtikullervo

Jul 31, 2006
Estonia
Watched the video clips and saw Rooba on ice at least on 4:2 EN goal.

Robert is Estonian and like the official site sais he was born in Tallinn and that is not in Finland (as the site sais, but the capital of Estonia). Moved to play in Finland in C juniors and has come from the junior teams up to the Finnish mens league playing in Espoo Blues. On international level represents Team Estonia. The only Estonian born player in current NHL is Leo Komarov (born in Narva)... Leo plys for Finland on international level though.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Watched the video clips and saw Rooba on ice at least on 4:2 EN goal.

Robert is Estonian and like the official site sais he was born in Tallinn and that is not in Finland (as the site sais, but the capital of Estonia). Moved to play in Finland in C juniors and has come from the junior teams up to the Finnish mens league playing in Espoo Blues. On international level represents Team Estonia. The only Estonian born player in current NHL is Leo Komarov (born in Narva)... Leo plys for Finland on international level though.

I thought Rooba stood out personally. He looked a bit raw, but he had some slick puck skills and a nice shot it looked like. Him and Jenys were causing a lot of problems for team white in the D zone I though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad