Value of: Devante Smith Pelly back to the Ducks for rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
And we take it to chin acquiring him back in the off season. I don’t see capitals letting em go. And when he resigns. Ducks offer third

You can't sign a player and then dump him without effecting your reputation with future free agents

Why would DSP sign with them instead of going the UFA route?

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
Not gonna lie, 405Exit being one of the most active Duck fans on these boards is kind of embarrassing.

In what world does paying a 3rd+prospect for a guy who went unclaimed a week ago on waivers make any sense?

And then sitting Ritchie for him? Cmon...you can't be serious.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Not gonna lie, 405Exit being one of the most active Duck fans on these boards is kind of embarrassing.

In what world does paying a 3rd+prospect for a guy who went unclaimed a week ago on waivers make any sense?

He rarely posts on the Ducks board and as such, does not reflect the opinions of those who do.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
didnt DSP just clear waivers like last week? kinda wanted leafs to grab him. dont think he has much current value
personally I think hes worth more than he is. but he could go for a 2020 5-7th imo. in the offseason or training camp if a rebuilding team doesnt like what they have in their prospects

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Curious what it will take from Capitals? A Third + C prospect?

Wouldn’t mind him one bit on our third / fourth line tweener. Atleast we can get some solid forechecking and a few goals.

Is that fair value?
That fat idiot who when the hawks beat the ducks in the western conference finals( same year he was traded) tweeted out a “ ;)” face, he was a locker room cancer from what I remember hearing. He obviously made 0 friends on the team to tweet out like that.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Hell no he talked mad trash in Anaheim when we traded him he can piss off

Yeah, this is my boat too. He was bitter after he was traded and ragged on us after a playoff elimination (he was not on the other team). I'm also a bitter person that holds grudges so I'm not interested in bringing him back.

He's also not that good at hockey either, which IMO, is important.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I wouldn't give a bag of pucks for Devante Smith-Pelley.
That Ducks 2010 draft outside of Fowler......

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo

Not only that, he is trading the 1OA in another thread to get more assets. So in one thread, he is giving away assets for a guy he could have claimed for free (not only that he is benching Ritchie for the the waiver wire DSP), and in another thread he is trading the 1OA to get some assets because the Ducks are awesome with 2nd and 3rd round picks (allegedly). So which is it? Are the Ducks giving away assets for DSP or are they trying to acquire assets? Im totally lost.

Oryxo

Oct 24, 2007
Not only that, he is trading the 1OA in another thread to get more assets. So in one thread, he is giving away assets for a guy he could have claimed for free (not only that he is benching Ritchie for the the waiver wire DSP), and in another thread he is trading the 1OA to get some assets because the Ducks are awesome with 2nd and 3rd round picks (allegedly). So which is it? Are the Ducks giving away assets for DSP or are they trying to acquire assets? Im totally lost.

It's because you're not thinking outside of the box. :sarcasm:

I also like how he's acquiring DSP "for the rebuild" when DSP pretty much only shows up during the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig