Detroit Trade Deadline Block

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Surprise, surprise Detroit is a both a buyer and a seller though a little more the latter. While I could easily blame it on the never ending injuries the truth is the team has not been the same since trading Timonen and is on the verge of falling out of the playoff picture.

Key players on the block:
Ed Jovanovski – Still an impact player with only one more year remaining on his contract he can play on almost any teams top pairing
JP Dumont – Plays either wing and would slot in nicely on the 2nd line and PP units (80PA and 72SC). Yes he’s had an off year but he’s due one off year after so many good ones. Only 32 years old he still has some good seasons to come and has a reasonable contract.
Brad Boyes – With quality ratings (86SK, 77PA, 75SC, 83PS) Detroit will entertain offers however is no rush to ship him out if the offer isn’t right. After an atrocious first half (15pts in 37g up to Dec 31) he is back on track with 30pts in 36 games.

I will listen to offers for most other players but at this time cornerstone players like Giroux, Lundqvist, Sbisa, et. al. are not open for discussion.

So what am I looking for in return? Given I can barely ice a team these days I will likely need players back in most deals but that’s not a hard and fast requirement.

While Detroit will also be doing some value shopping to add a depth player or two to help the team it may also be willing to eat an expiring contract or two, assuming there’s some sugar thrown in, from non-playoff teams looking to shed some salary.

The usual request applies ... if you are inquiring about a player please at least give me an idea of what you're offering. Being the crotchity old coot I am, and the fact trading is the part I like the least, I usually walk away pretty quick from discussions that are dragging out. But that's just me :naughty:

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
just bumping this as a reminder ... it had already gotten pushed off to page two on the boards and I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on these great opportunities b/c they missed it ;)

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Detroit has completed one small deal with the possibility of a similar one in 24 hours.

Returning to the flock is Blair Betts whom the Wings had acquired as an undrafted FA several years back but traded to Pittsburgh within 3 years. Never one to learn their lesson the Wings are now shipping a similar undrafted FA signing (Chris Tanev) from this summer to Pittsburgh. Here's hoping we're not shipping more assets to Pittsburgh a few years from now to get Tanev back ;)

In other news GM Niece confirmed he's had a few teams kicking the tires on JovoCop and even more so for JP Dumont but said while talks have occurred nothing is at the stage to call a trade imminent. He would not comment on what the other ongoing trade discussion is about.

GM Niece will likely by in the trade room again later this evening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad