Pre-Game Talk: Detroit Red Wings @ Washington Capitals | 7:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Thunder

Jul 19, 2011
Oklahoma
Ansar Khan retweeted
Chuck Pleiness @wingsfrontman · 1h 1 hour ago
Early indications have Pulkkinen skating on a line with Sheahan and Miller.

Ansar Khan retweeted
Cleary is the extra forward in Red. Weiss on fourth line with Glendening and Andersson. Top two lines remain same.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Ansar Khan retweeted

Ansar Khan retweeted
Cleary is the extra forward in Red. Weiss on fourth line with Glendening and Andersson. Top two lines remain same.

wtf, why not just switch Weiss and Miller? I dont get it.

sakei

Anti-Kindl-Brigade
May 19, 2014
Zurich
Ansar Khan retweeted

Ansar Khan retweeted

So Weiss gets buried on the fourth line AGAIN and he moves Miller up to the 3rd line? :huh:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Sheahan and Weiss with Pulkinnen makes too much sense. Sheahan who can battle for the puck and make space for Pulkinnen to shoot and Weiss looking for the rebound/tip...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Why the **** is 1 goal Miller on the 3rd line over Weiss?

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Weiss getting the Legwand treatment. What a waste. I don't know how much cap we would eat if we bought him out, but it might be becoming imminent that it could happen. Capgeek made that easy.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Guys. He's just making sure Pulks doesn't score too easily and get a big head. This is what the best coach in the NHL does. Plebes.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Miller? :laugh:

I don't understand why Babcock hates Weiss so much all of a sudden

things were looking pretty promising before that shoulder thing

Actual Thought*

Guys. He's just making sure Pulks doesn't score too easily and get a big head. This is what the best coach in the NHL does. Plebes.

Babs switches the lines up on the fly. The starting lines really don't matter. They may be totally different after the puck drops. If Pulks looks relaxed and confident I wouldn't be surprised to see him play with Pav or Z at some point in the game. If he looks wobbly and nervous then probably not. Same goes for Weiss. If he is making the most of his ice he will get more. Personally I want a guy that says "Okay coach" no matter what he is asked to do. It is the coaches job to do what is best for the team and it is the players job to trust him and execute his plan. When they do they get rewarded. It's pretty standard coaching. I think a lot of the difference between coaches is how their message is communicated. No team ever wins the cup regardless of roster unless the team "buys in" fully to the coach's message.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Babs is just trying to expedite the departure of Pulkkinen. He's just taking away a roster spot from Mantha. How'bout that 4th line, any room for Pukes there?

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
@FSDwakiji #RedWings Jurco has a disc issue in his back and is being evaluated today.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Miller has no business playing on anything but a full checking line when we actually have guys to fill up the top9. I guess the plan is he'll dig up some pucks for Sheahan who can dish it to Pulkkinen.. or something. But he's no Abdelkader.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Interested to know if this has been a lingering problem with Jurco that has now come to a head. Could explain his play this season, which hadn't been particularly energetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad