GDT: Detroit Red Wings vs Montreal Canadiens 12/2/17 7:00pm EST SN, TVAS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
ScGD9kr.jpg

vbzp7ut.jpg

rU7xXFW.jpg

Last Games

Habs Vault

Go :habs Go

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hopefully Drouin and Weber are close. Will need them next week for sure

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What's really odd about this thread is how it wasn't preceded by the usual pre-game thread.

The only way enough interest might have been garnered for one is if say the teams had proceeded to a trade with each other prior to the game.

Barring that, everyone maybe just wanted to enjoy the last game a little longer, without having to worry too soon about this one. And why not, considering how bad the start of the season was.

Reactions: groovejuice

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Athanasiou playing 4th line Center is some 4d chess by Blashill

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Playing the Red Wings on a December 2? And right after playing the Wings in Detroit?

Uh oh.

This was December 2nd, and right after playing the Wings in Detroit too:

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Great GDT, love the effort folks put in on these, we are spoiled.

I don't know what to expect tonight, to be honest. A win?

With Carey Price healthy and on his game, I know we have a chance. It's just a matter of the boys producing.

I have a gut feeling Maximillion Kolenda Paccioretty has a big game tonight, and his last game against Detroit was the start of another of his streaks.

Edit: Is it true? Joe "Norris" Morrow sitting while Mete is playing?

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Drouin & Weber are both skating in the morning skate. They may both play. Sounds like Drouin is game time decision tho.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
If this year doesn't show the major flaws in the playoff format, I don't know what will. The team that comes 2nd in our division, has the easiest path to the cup. Makes no sense.

The old format was 100x times more effective at getting the best teams into the conference finals.

our division is so f***ing bad.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
If this year doesn't show the major flaws in the playoff format, I don't know what will. The team that comes 2nd in our division, has the easiest path to the cup. Makes no sense.

The old format was 100x times more effective at getting the best teams into the conference finals.

our division is so ****ing bad.
Our division is definitely bad, but the new format is awesome- don't be surprised if the NBA follows suit quickly.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Our division is definitely bad, but the new format is awesome- don't be surprised if the NBA follows suit quickly.

I personally don’t like it. I thought the 1-8 was much better. I don’t mind the divisions but the top 2 from each division should get the top 2 seeds and the other 6 seeds should go to the best teams. And yes, I know this works against us this year. I don’t really buy into the rivalry thing.

Reactions: PaulD and Nedved

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
hmmm...

Jerabek has done nothing wrong to lose his spot. He's been able to move the puck from the backend and created offense.

if that's the 6 we go with tonight, lots of red flags go off on earning your ice time. it's the wrong choice and it smells of a nasty work environment. I would question resigning with the habs if I were Jerabek.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
What's really odd about this thread is how it wasn't preceded by the usual pre-game thread.

The only way enough interest might have been garnered for one is if say the teams had proceeded to a trade with each other prior to the game.

Barring that, everyone maybe just wanted to enjoy the last game a little longer, without having to worry too soon about this one. And why not, considering how bad the start of the season was.
With all the games on tonight, no way this one makes my screen

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Different vibe here now.

More posters here WANT the Habs to lose than in the past. The narratives have been laid out and scripted and unfortunately, Habs winning runs counter to those.

Go Habs Go!!

Reactions: TheBlindFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad