Detroit Red Wings Top 20 Prospects features new number one

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I am the biggest Larkin homer here, and I'm not sure he should be #1. We still have a guy named Petr Mrazek who's shown he can steal NHL games.

I agree but I feel like some of us rate NHL/pro experience much higher than others. It's all well and good to destroy college level competition and show great promise, but you're still a bit away from NHL level. Meanwhile, Mrazek has had a good bunch of NHL games and shown some real talent. This is just a difference people have in judging prospects and I can't personally say one method is more right than the other.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Mind-boggling how Larkin, Mantha, Mrazek and Pulkkinen all have the exact same ranking.
Is it? I could see that for Pulkkinen, but you have to remember that HF changes their rankings for a given player over time. It's not meant to be an initial prediction that we judge for its accuracy, it's supposed to be a picture of how the prospect is right now. 8.0c might as well be HF-speak for "very good prospect". It's not meant to capture all of the little factors that make those players different.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I agree but I feel like some of us rate NHL/pro experience much higher than others. It's all well and good to destroy college level competition and show great promise, but you're still a bit away from NHL level. Meanwhile, Mrazek has had a good bunch of NHL games and shown some real talent. This is just a difference people have in judging prospects and I can't personally say one method is more right than the other.

True, but also how often do we see rookie/young goalies barrel out of the gate and then people figure them out and they dont end up projecting as well as it appears?

I feel like it's not uncommon, and a bit different than with skaters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad