Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Rankings (#4)

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit
I've got a feeling that Jarnkrok is going to turn a corner soon and prove to everyone that he belongs in the top 6 of (nearly) any NHL team. I've never been down on Sheahan, and he is really blowing away expectations in the NHL right now, but Jarnkrok just has too much potential (especially on the PP) to rank below him.

Add Greek Lightning, he's been really frickin' good since he was drafted and looks to be the best thing out of that 2012 draft class.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Ironhook; his ceiling is higher than Tinky-Winky's.

Add Almqvist.

But how do you factor in potential? I have it as my primary source but then you factor in projected, probability, where they're at right now, etc.

For example, I pick Ouellet but I believe Sproul and Jarnkrok both have higher potential.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Not knocking Sheahan here, he has exceeded my expectations, and has played extremely well in Detroit, but I still see Jarnkrok as having a way higher ceiling in the NHL, and as an overall better long term prospect. Jarnkrok has come along nicely in the 2nd half this year for GR. It seems some people were panicking about him at the start of the year, which didn't really make much sense to me. I no longer see him as having first line center potential, but I still do believe he will be a solid #2 center in the NHL for many years.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Almquist will not play in the NHL unless he is paired with a crease clearing defenseman. He's too small and fragile to handle full time NHL duties. Plus how many defensively challenged, soft d-men can this team employ? If Almquist was about 3 inches taller and had about 20 lbs of muscle he would be in the top 3 of prospects, or even already be playing in Detroit. He just doesn't have the frame or body to play in the NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad