Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Annual Prospect Poll! #5!

Who do you consider Detroit's #5 prospect?

• Carter Mazur - W

• Elmer Soderblom - W

• Albert Johansson - LD

• William Wallinder - LD

• Shai Buium - LD

• Liam Dower-Nilsson - C/W

• Donovan Sebrango - LD

• Dmitri Buchelnikov - W

• Dylan James - W

• Theodor Niederbach - C/W

Results are only viewable after voting.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Too soon to move on. The first several were fine because they were landslides. This one is at least mildly competitive still.

Reactions: lilidk and Frk It

Geezer WC

Standing room
Jan 29, 2022
I know Power wasn't there but the #2 D on Team Canada at the WJC isn't getting much respect. If we must learn to live with Hronek can we bring up someone capable of covering his ass please. Leddy threw in the towel after only a few games. Sebrango.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I know Power wasn't there but the #2 D on Team Canada at the WJC isn't getting much respect. If we must learn to live with Hronek can we bring up someone capable of covering his ass please. Leddy threw in the towel after only a few games. Sebrango.

My big fear is that prime Doug Harvey couldn't cover Hronek's ass.

Reactions: Geezer WC

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Alright, it looks as though Soderblom is starting to run away with this one after Frk It's turncoat ways! Time for #6!!!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think we are rushing, and then just in 2 weeks will be prospect tournament

Why not having a new poll round again, after the pre-season ?

We should have these polls multiple times a year (I have suggested that earlier), because situations will change all the time.

Also I would wait NHL to start and we could see if some surprise kid have stolen NHL spot. That will hava drastical and rightful effect on his ranking.

Also European leagues have been running for a month (at early october, NHL start), so we have clearer picture also with those guys.

My suggestion:

- July-August (off-season, after draft) poll
- Late October-November poll (season has started, we'll see biggest off-season jumps)
- Late January-February poll (after WJC poll)
- May-June poll (season ending poll, before draft)

Last edited:

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I didn't pick Elmer this round but I can see why people are geeked about him. If all the stars align he could be a Eric Daze type producer with better skating ability and isn't allergic to physical contact.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I usually tried for two days, but people are upset either way, too fast or too slow.

People aren’t happy any way it’s done. Being constantly asked to put up players that would be ranked in the late teens to twenties in Detroit’s system when we’re voting on the top 5 is getting kind of old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad