1.) Anthony Mantha - RW/LW - 21: 6'5" 214lbs - Longueuil, QC, CAN 54.81%
2.) Andreas Athanasiou - C/W - 21: 6'2" 200lbs - London, ON, CAN 77.36%
3.) Evgeny Svechnikov - C/W - 19: 6'2" 205lbs - Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, RUS 53.64%
4.) Dennis Cholowski - D - 18: 6'1" 177lbs - Langley, BC, CAN 67.92%
5.) Tyler Bertuzzi - LW - 21: 6'1" 190lbs - Sudbury, ON, CAN 30.51%
6.) Dylan Sadowy - LW - 20: 6'1" 195lbs - Woodbridge, ON, CAN 32.63%
7.) Vili Saarijärvi - RD - 19: 5'10" 165lbs - Rovaniemi, FIN 48.84%
8.) Robbie Russo - RD - 23: 6'0" 191lbs - Westmont, IL, USA 32.89%

Russo wins this round. The add was Joe Hicketts.

Unfortunately not a lot out there in terms of the youtube highlights for Robbie Russo who I guess shares his name with an x-games athlete. Most of what is out there is ND stuff from several years ago. Anybody with good videos they know of please post them in the thread. Being totally honest despite my campaign for XO over him that isn't why he isn't getting the video love. Hoping his development defensively continues this year and we have something in him.

Around 1:00 I think was the best shot I saw him take all year.

Great Primary assist

As always vote, offer an add if you have one and discuss.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Kind of over XO at this point. Not seeing how his game translates well to the next level. If I'm voting for him it's mostly off my old opinion of him and Babcock saying he should be on the team 2 years ago. But Babcock also loved Lashoff and Glendening, so not sure that's the greatest sticking point in the world.

Tempted to go with Hronek or Givani Smith. They had Hronek graded as a 1st rounder, for whatever it's worth, I'm excited to see him in the CHL next year.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Went with Coreau. I maybe the only one thinking he is tracking similar to Bishop was 2 years out of college. I think he has the ability to be just about as good.

Add DeHaas

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
voted XO just due to lack of any other interesting options at this point.

he will be traded this year or make the team.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
XO. Sure seems like a sure thing NHL guy but I don't now nor have I ever seen what others see in terms of Vlasic comparisons. Have Axel next and then things get really interesting.

I actually have Ehn quite high, and JDH higher than most.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
You really think Sproul has any chance of making the NHL?

At this point i consider him barely a prospect anymore.

Not with us, but when we waive him, I can imagine someone claiming him and giving him a shot. There just aren't enough offensively talented defensemen in the league right now for that to not happen. That said, if we're ranking prospects, I'll take the guy who could maybe still be a 4 over the guy who's a 6, at best. I dunno, I know I'm really low on Ouellet, compared to the board.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You really think Sproul has any chance of making the NHL?

At this point i consider him barely a prospect anymore.

There is a reason Kindl has ground out a living for a while in the NHL. Guys that look the part and have good skill sets generally get at least a few looks.

Sproul has come a long way defensively, is he great? Absolutely not, but for instance his defensive play isn't much different than Russo at this point. What he has is the NHL toolbox. He is 6'3" around 205 to 210 lbs, skates extremely well and has a howitzer from the point. He has also seen an uptick in his physicality. Somebody is very likely to be interested to try him as a 3rd pairing and 2nd unit PP guy. The offensive weaponry with Sproul is extremely intriguing still and now he looks like a guy that can take down 10 - 12 minutes of even strength time defensively.

So yes I think Sproul has a NHL future, it might be brief if he doesn't run with his chances but he should get a shot somewhere. The good news is it is a lot easier to sneak a player through waivers at the start of the year, but it would not surprise me at all if he hits the waiver wires that somebody takes a shot at him. I hope he has a strong camp, it would not surprise me at all if XO or Sproul is claimed though come October. What is in our favor is most teams are fairly committed to their guys at that time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad