2.) Xavier Ouellet 21, D: 6'1" 200lbs. Bayonne, FRA 36.11%
3.) Petr Mrázek 22, G: 6'2" 183 lbs. Ostrava, CZE 77.01%
4.) Dylan Larkin 18, C: 6'1" 214 lbs. Waterford, MI, USA 56.25%
5.) Teemu Pulkkinen 23, RW: 5'10: 185 lbs. Vantaa, FIN 87.50%
6.) Ryan Sproul 22, RD: 6'3" 205 lbs. Mississauga, ON, CAN 34.41%
7.) Andreas Athanasiou 20, C/LW: 6'2" 201 lbs. Mississauga, ON, CAN 50.53%
8.) Alexey Marchenko 23, RD: 6'2" 212 lbs. Moskva, RUS 77.46%

Marchenko wins this round and is now up with the big club.:handclap:

Tvrdon who is having a very good year in Grand Rapids is the add.

As always vote, discuss and offer an add.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Jensen, my add is James De Haas. Pretty underrated guy, but he is coming along nicely at the NCAA level. Solid frame that is packing on weight, good first pass, I like him.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Going with Nastasiuk. He was already a regular in Grand Rapids during last year's playoffs and is putting up real solid numbers this year, has a clear lead in goals on his team with 26 in 45. A 18 year old captain in Owen Sound and a guy who was ranked #13 in CSS's final North American ranking, ahead of 12 guys who ended up going in the 1st round. He's played mostly RW but can play C as well.

Add Kadeykin.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Tough call here...it's close between Bertuzzi and Nastasiuk, and Holmstrom is rising fast. I lean Nastasiuk because he's more versatile and has some leadership qualities. As a player he's kinda similar to Sheahan imo. Be interesting to see if they want Nasty at center or wing in GR.

Add Ehn

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
I think Jensen for this one. He was really impressive in the preseason. No idea who to add, McNulty or Wheaton I guess. I remember one was lighting it up last season.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Jensen for me, his training camp this year really impressed me. He has also been solid with the GRG?

P.S. I had to look up Bertuzzi's stats to wonder why in gods name you guys are voting for him:

17 Tyler Bertuzzi LW 49GP 34G 38A 72Pts +18 58PIM
Interesting

Anyone been watching him play?
When did he become a prospect with skill? :P

Last edited:

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
The problem I have with Jensen is he's 25 years old...not really a prospect anymore by most criteria...he's more like a good AHL'er who still has a chance at the NHL. Like a TJ Brennan though they play different styles. That said, Jensen's mostly a finished product at this point...doubt he'll ever be anything more than a 6/7 guy in the NHL...just not enough production on the offensive end. I'm a fan though, he plays that smart, sound game.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
The problem I have with Jensen is he's 25 years old...not really a prospect anymore by most criteria...he's more like a good AHL'er who still has a chance at the NHL. Like a TJ Brennan though they play different styles. That said, Jensen's mostly a finished product at this point...doubt he'll ever be anything more than a 6/7 guy in the NHL...just not enough production on the offensive end. I'm a fan though, he plays that smart, sound game.

If he is a 6-7 type for the NHL now... I would still vote him for his this position in the prospect list. I weight NHL readiness highly, as everything around potential is a crap shoot. I want to hear more about Bertuzzi, I knew nothing about him ripping up the OHL this year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Tough call here...it's close between Bertuzzi and Nastasiuk, and Holmstrom is rising fast. I lean Nastasiuk because he's more versatile and has some leadership qualities. As a player he's kinda similar to Sheahan imo. Be interesting to see if they want Nasty at center or wing in GR.

Add Ehn

Nasty would have to do a lot of work on his skating to for this to be accurate. Now it isn't bad, but Sheahan has a very good set of wheels, Nasty really doesn't have that going for him.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Nasty would have to do a lot of work on his skating to for this to be accurate. Now it isn't bad, but Sheahan has a very good set of wheels, Nasty really doesn't have that going for him.

I meant more stylistically, 2-way game, strong on the puck. He's not as good of a prospect as Sheahan was but Riley's skating has grown since he was drafted. His 'pace' was an issue for Babcock early on with the team. He must have done some work over that summer because he came back the next season faster and more agile. Nasty's skating has the room to grow just as well imo. Whether he actually gets there or not is another question.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I meant more stylistically, 2-way game, strong on the puck. He's not as good of a prospect as Sheahan was but Riley's skating has grown since he was drafted. His 'pace' was an issue for Babcock early on with the team. He must have done some work over that summer because he came back the next season faster and more agile. Nasty's skating has the room to grow just as well imo. Whether he actually gets there or not is another question.

His pace was never really the issue though, it was learning the system to the degree Babcock wants it played. He wasn't thinking the game quick enough. It wasn't an outright assessment of his skating, so much as his skating isn't effective because he is thinking too much.

Sheahan has always been a plus skater, clear back to his draft year. He is a gifted guy with a lot of tools. Sheahan did talk about doing some power skating stuff in his off-season the last couple of seasons, but his starting point was above average anyway, he doesn't look much different than the guy from ND or GR.

I think Nastasiuk is improving, but he doesn't have the high end gear or acceleration that Sheahan has and quite frankly it is almost impossible for me to envision him getting to that level.

I think Nastasiuk does have some similarities in terms of his high hockey IQ. I think he will be more physical in terms of giving more hits, though Sheahan is one of the better board players I have seen in a while so he has physicality just not the classic crash and bang kind. We will see where he winds up, he is an intriguing guy with leadership and work ethic in his toolbox, but I think there exists certain limitations in terms of where some of his skill set can go, but that is just my opinion.

On skating alone, I think Nick Jensen is the best skater we have in the entire organization.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
A prospect that made Canada's WJC team at 18 won't even crack our top ten. That's some great depth.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
His pace was never really the issue though, it was learning the system to the degree Babcock wants it played. He wasn't thinking the game quick enough. It wasn't an outright assessment of his skating, so much as his skating isn't effective because he is thinking too much.

Sheahan has always been a plus skater, clear back to his draft year. He is a gifted guy with a lot of tools. Sheahan did talk about doing some power skating stuff in his off-season the last couple of seasons, but his starting point was above average anyway, he doesn't look much different than the guy from ND or GR.

I think Nastasiuk is improving, but he doesn't have the high end gear or acceleration that Sheahan has and quite frankly it is almost impossible for me to envision him getting to that level.

I think Nastasiuk does have some similarities in terms of his high hockey IQ. I think he will be more physical in terms of giving more hits, though Sheahan is one of the better board players I have seen in a while so he has physicality just not the classic crash and bang kind. We will see where he winds up, he is an intriguing guy with leadership and work ethic in his toolbox, but I think there exists certain limitations in terms of where some of his skill set can go, but that is just my opinion.

On skating alone, I think Nick Jensen is the best skater we have in the entire organization.

I dunno Sheahan's skating never stood out to me when he was a prospect. Never thought it was bad by any means but not a plus attribute. I distinctly remember being concerned about his potential after watching his first several games with the Wings. He just didn't seem like he had it, the lack of 'pace' was all encompassing. But next season he came back and just looked like a totally different player.

I agree Jensen is a phenomenal skater, we've both floated out comparisons to Duncan Keith in regards to his skating ability. But again the fact he's 25 and the Wings still don't seem to have any real plan with him. Like they don't view him as anything more than an upgrade over Lashoff as a 6/7.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00