Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
1.) Anthony Mantha - RW/LW - 21: 6'5" 214lbs - Longueuil, QC, CAN 54.81%
2.) Andreas Athanasiou - C/W - 21: 6'2" 200lbs - London, ON, CAN 77.36%
3.) Evgeny Svechnikov - C/W - 19: 6'2" 205lbs - Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, RUS 53.64%
4.) Dennis Cholowski - D - 18: 6'1" 177lbs - Langley, BC, CAN 67.92%
5.) Tyler Bertuzzi - LW - 21: 6'1" 190lbs - Sudbury, ON, CAN 30.51%

Tyler Bertuzzi wins this round. Christoffer Ehn is the add.

As always vote, offer an add if you have one, and discuss.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Am I the only one that sees a future for James De Haas? Should be going pro after this year.

Man, Xavier Ouellet has fallen in these and rightfully so. He really hasn't grown much since his rookie pro year.

VS though, just over Sadowy and Holmstrom.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I don't know exactly why people are so high on Sadowy? He was a good pickup but I'd rate Saarijarvi, Russo and XO above him in terms of their potential impact on our club.

Add Hicketts.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So can someone explain to me why it makes more sense to vote for Sadowy than Russo here?

Because I really don't get it. Sadowy would be very lucky to have the type of year in the AHL this year that Russo had last year.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Sadowy is likely to end up a 3rd line winger.

I like Russo a lot, but does he develop into a 2nd pair D-man?

Who really knows anymore with our defensive prospects.

I'd say lack of confidence with regards to defensive prospects being able to make that transition.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Add Turgeon.

Would anyone like to share why they don't think too highly on Turgeon relative to our other prospects? It is clearly a majority opinion and i'm not sure what I am missing. He is a guy that the organization has loved since draft day and even mentioned that they had him rated as a 1st rounder. This past year he scored 36 goals and 70 points in 72 games. He is a defense first center who gained recognition in the WHL for being one of the best defensive forwards and one of the best at faceoffs. He is a big center that is a pain to play against and for those that keep clamoring for a guy to drop the gloves, Turgeon has dropped em plenty of times.

He still needs improvement skating wise, but I think he belongs much higher than he will eventually go on this list.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I'd say lack of confidence with regards to defensive prospects being able to make that transition.

Org thinks he can be a middle pairing defenseman that is offensive. Don't feel like finding the quote, but I've posted it about 10 times at different junctures lol.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
So can someone explain to me why it makes more sense to vote for Sadowy than Russo here?

Because I really don't get it. Sadowy would be very lucky to have the type of year in the AHL this year that Russo had last year.

Sadowy is our shinny new toy. Like you, I don't think a guy who realistically projects as a bottom-six forward who hasn't played a single professional game, should be ranked sixth. I think he is a good prospect to have in the organization but people are having a hard time being objective about him.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

This was my reasoning.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This was my reasoning.

What is your reasoning?

Because the organization think he will be a middle pairing guy that provides offense. I'd say that is more valuable than a 3rd line winger.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
What is your reasoning?

Because the organization think he will be a middle pairing guy that provides offense. I'd say that is more valuable than a 3rd line winger.

My reasoning is that i believe he will make a bigger impact at the NHL level at this point.
Are you saying that you think it is likely that Sadowy makes the NHL and develops into a third liner or that if he makes the NHL he is likely to develop into a third liner?

Either way I think he's going to be a great 3rd liner.
I like the potential of some of the younger defenders, but I'm not high on any of them(except cholo). I was pleasantly surprised with Russo's season last year, honestly this pick could go a number of ways - just like the rest of 5-10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce