Detroit Red Wings #3 Prospect Mid-Season 14-15

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
1.) Anthony Mantha 20, LW/RW: 6'4" 214lbs. Longueuil, QC, CAN 44.90%
2.) Xavier Ouellet 21, D: 6'0" 200lbs. Bayonne, FRA 36.11%

Xavier Ouellet advances by the narrowest of margins.

Tyler Bertuzzi the add.

As always vote, discuss and offer an add.

Aug 6, 2012
Mrazek. Excited to see how he performs over the next few weeks, really believe he's going to be great.

Add Nastasiuk.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Crazy prediction but I'm going to go ahead and say the only interesting thing about this round will be the add.

Voted Mrazek, add Holmström.

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
We can probably skip a couple.

Mrazek -> Pulkinnen -> Larkin -> Sproul -> Marchenko -> Backman -> AA -> Holmstrom :P

Mine would be similar. I don't think I'd include Homer, cause I think that spot is up for contention. I'd probably put AA in front of Backman (and maybe Marchenko, because he seems to be slipping). The first four are definitely right though. I'd be surprised if they were ranked any differently tbh.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Pronman published his top-50 prospects list, 4 Wings on the list:

16. Larkin (previous rank: HM)
28. Mantha (33)
31. Hicketts (ineligible)
34. Holmström (not ranked)

He's obviously a big Hicketts & Homer fan. Very high on Larkin too.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

28. Mantha (33)

That is a good ranking for Larkin given that he doesn't fit the mold of what Pronman likes (super high-end stick skill). He has also always like Holmstrom.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm kind of surprised that Ouellet edged out Mrazek. Seems like a future steady player, but lacks booming upside. Meanwhile Mrazek is posting a sub 2 goals against in his past 20 NHL games and is only improving.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

28. Mantha (33)

The pay wall comments of NHL scouts on the Pronman rankings are very complementary to both Larkin and Mantha FWIW.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really

28. Mantha (33)

I'm very interested in his comments on Larkin. In the past, he's had to kind of admit that Larkin is not his kind of player. Hopefully Malik posts them or something.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm kind of surprised that Ouellet edged out Mrazek. Seems like a future steady player, but lacks booming upside. Meanwhile Mrazek is posting a sub 2 goals against in his past 20 NHL games and is only improving.

same. I like XO and all, but he seems like a #3 to me, at best. He doesn't have high end puck skills, he isn't a beast at shutting down the other team, and he certainly doesn't have both of those things. He's pretty good at most things, which is nice, but Mrazek has a much higher upside (to me, anyway) and is arguably just as ready to make the jump.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
The pay wall comments of NHL scouts on the Pronman rankings are very complementary to both Larkin and Mantha FWIW.
Yes, they really highlighted both of those guys, and the scouts making the comments were not from DET. I don't think we're allowed to quote the comments on here but one of them hinted towards rather having Larkin over Nylander (#1). All the praise is actually quite surprising since I think #16 is quite good for last summer's 15th pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad