Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings 2021 Summer Prospect #6

Who do you think is the Detroit Red Wings #6 Overall Prospect?

• Shai Buium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Albert Johansson

Votes: 41 27.5%
  • Robert Mastrosimone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jared McIssac

• Theodor Niederbach

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Elmer Soderblom

• Antti Tuomisto

• Joe Veleno

Votes: 103 69.1%
  • Eemil Viro

• William Wallinder

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
For me, these next two picks are clearly JV and AJ. After that I might as well pick a few names and start throwing darts. I think Buium, Neiderbach, and Viro, all have monster potential. I also love the tools Wallinder and Mastro have. Soderblom needs to show me a little more at the pro level, but he's a major sleeper pick for me. Imo, Soderbloms ceiling and floor are miles apart and hes a tough one to evaluate but could be both a big riser or faller. I'm not as high on McIssac or Tuomisto, but they still have time to prove themselves. I could see McIssac carving out a solid pro career, but at what capacity I have no idea.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Where is ho going to play next season?
GR according to this article:
Red Wings Re-Sign Jakub Vrana to a Three-year Extension

Apparently, kids who played more than 20 AHL games get to stay:

"Special circumstances need special rules, though, and Darren Dreger of TSN reports that the finishing touches are being put on an agreement that will allow junior eligible players who played 20 or more AHL games this season to return to the AHL in 2021-22. Perfetti, to stay with the same example, would not be required to go back to the OHL even though he is still just 19 years old."

Reactions: lilidk

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Grand Rapids. The kid looks like he's got a shot at top 4 next season.

By the end of last year he was playing top 4, so I would hope next year hes at least in that mix regularly. He had good chemistry with McIlrath though so this year could be different for him

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Johansson being Detroit's 7th best prospect is pretty crazy.
Not to mention the number of recent second rounders still there. Niederbach, Buium, Wallinder and Tuomisto are all recent second rounders with plenty of upside. Sure they're all projects that will take a while to make it, but any of them could become real difference makers and they're going to be our 8-11th best prospects.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Not to mention the number of recent second rounders still there. Niederbach, Buium, Wallinder and Tuomisto are all recent second rounders with plenty of upside. Sure they're all projects that will take a while to make it, but any of them could become real difference makers and they're going to be our 8-11th best prospects.

Those are the guys that are on the 4+ year development plan.

You know, thinking about it, I wonder if that was by design. 2019, 2020 and 2021 2nd round picks are all in places that we can let them marinate for 4 or 5 years before we even consider bringing them to Grand Rapids. How much do you think it improves the odds of guys like Tuomisto and Soderblom making the NHL?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Centers are just unappreciated.

But he completes the prospect unit.

Berggren - Veleno - Raymond
Edvinsson - Seider
Cossa

All 5 of those guys is a terrific skater. That would be incredibly fun to watch. I'm hoping that we'll see something like that at training camp and the preseason this year. (Minus Edvinsson)

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad