Detroit prospects dies after mugging

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Mr.Hunter74 said:
If Bure is so well connected then why isn't Fedorov dead?? You would think after stealing each others fiancee's that Bure woudl be so enraged after loseing Kournakova that he woudl of had Fedorov a pair of cement boots made???

I think the Mob stuff is really over exagerated now. It may of happened a couple times 10 years ago but I doubt its the epidemic that people in this thread make it out to be. But hey what do I know im not from Russia nor do I know any NHLers who are.
There we go, here's the link I read with the interviews:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/hockey/etc/who.html

In 1991, Bure signed with the Vancouver Canucks. [...] As early as 1993, however, Bure was mentioned in reports of NHL players being extorted by Russian organized crime. Later, Bure was linked as a friend and business associate of Anzor Kikalishvili, the head of the 21st Century Association, a sports/entertainment marketing company that law enforcement officials believe is a front for illegal activities. Bure is beginning his eighth NHL season, now playing for the Florida Panthers.

Read the interview, and make up your own ideas. Check all the other stories as well regarding players and extortions. In other reports they do say that it doesn't affect everyone, around 1/3 of former soviet/russians players.

Not everything revolves around wacking Fedorov for also having interest in Kournikova, is that what you would do if you had some mafia hitmen at your fingertips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad