Detroit owner Mike Ilitch has passed away

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Chris Illitch. He's already been running the show I believe.
Sadly, I'm willing to bet the Son is more of a numbers/profit guy as opposed to his father, who was always involved with day to day hockey operations.

He can always prove me wrong by showing he's on top of things, and ready to get back to winning by letting Blashill go, and moving Holland out of the GM spot, but I won't hold my breath.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Sadly, I'm willing to bet the Son is more of a numbers/profit guy as opposed to his father, who was always involved with day to day hockey operations.

He can always prove me wrong by showing he's on top of things, and ready to get back to winning by letting Blashill go, and moving Holland out of the GM spot, but I won't hold my breath.

Thought the son already said they have no intentions of selling the Wings but the Tigers were a distinct possibility?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

His son the all-state hockey player that still plays men's league and is one of the reasons his father got into youth hockey to begin with is going to be a numbers guy. We shall see, but Chris Ilitch is very passionate about hockey, I don't think it will be an issue with the Wings. I could see them selling the Tigers at some point down the road, I doubt that is soon either.

I would be fairly stunned if the Red Wings aren't Ilitch owned for a very long time.

On the other points, I am not sure why that needs to be in this thread. My guess is Chris Ilitch respects Ken Holland a great deal having known him for a couple of decades and seeing the results he has brought. I wouldn't hold my breath he is the agent of change there, nor should he be, Holland has earned the right on when to call his exit. He gets at least through this contract.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Thought the son already said they have no intentions of selling the Wings but the Tigers were a distinct possibility?

Tigers are a possibility. Don't see it happening soon though. I really hope the pistons or cavs owner don't buy them. Especially the cavs owner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad