Rumor: Detroit no QO to Madison Bowey

Pens2thecup871

Feb 19, 2015
Detroit did not make a qualifying offer to Madison Bowey which makes me believe that he would be a good fit for a depth RHD option for Pittsburgh. He’s only 26 and would be a low risk signing. Could see GMJR biting on this one

Last edited:

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Detroit did not make a qualifying offer to Madison Bowey which makes me believe that he would be a good fit for a depth RHD option for Pittsburgh. He’s only 26 and would be a low risk signing. Could see GMJR biting on this one

He is only 26.
But he's also 26 and can't keep up at the NHL level.

I understand wanting to think positive about the guy, I did the same when we traded for him.
But he's not a good NHL Pro level D. Promise.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
And nothing of value was lost.

If you want a swing man, like Derek Meech or Brendan Smith, he's your guy. I think he's an upgrade on Smith, but has the same "all the tools but no toolbox" issue as a defenseman.

He might do well as a forward, though.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I watched him in the WHL when Leon Draisaitl was his teammate and thought little of him. Played too high risk. He should have been converted to forward.

I thought Nick Merkely, Rourke Chartier, and Josh Morrisey were all going to stud NHLers so I may not be the best judge of prospects :)

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He's got a lot of tools that will impress someone. A team with no depth and low expectations is going to take a flier on trying to work with him, and I think it's not a terrible plan. He should come cheap, and it just takes one staff that thinks they know what button to push to turn him into a project. Just my hot take.

If you're Detroit with Hronek up top and trying to work Sieder into the lineup, I think it's pretty clear you want someone steadier back there as the extra dman than the riverboat gambler. If you're a team who has "boring" defensemen already to eat heavier minutes, but is light on speed and some talent, he's not a bad 6-7 to work in.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I watched him in the WHL when Leon Draisaitl was his teammate and thought little of him. Played too high risk. He should have been converted to forward.

I thought Nick Merkely, Rourke Chartier, and Josh Morrisey were all going to stud NHLers so I may not be the best judge of prospects :)
Lauri Tukonen is my biggest humbler haha I feel better when the pro scouts miss a lot, too, though.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

No, he's not a good RHD depth option. He's a good option to have as your opponent's depth. Madison Bowey is a bad player.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007

I thought Nick Merkely, Rourke Chartier, and Josh Morrisey were all going to stud NHLers so I may not be the best judge of prospects
:)

Hey man we all make mistakes....

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I remember desiring this kid as return for renting Dan Hamhuis to the Caps the TDL prior to the Cancuks letting him walk...

It's kinda trippy to hear he's already 26 now..

Back in the day.....

Reactions: THE Green Man

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

I would love for Pittsburgh to sign Bowey... as a Caps fan

Reactions: Oddbob

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Bowey is a great dude but he's not a great NHL player. In fact, he's barely an NHL caliber player, and that's coming from a Wings fan who watched him line up AHLers last year. He wasn't out of place.

Reactions: RedMenace

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
OH NO! I am crushed! You don't want him OP, as while he has some offensive skill and skates decently, he gives the puck up like a grenade in his own zone about 5 times a night and is horribly out of position most of the rest of our night in our zone. STAY AWAY!

Reactions: voxel

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He's got a lot of tools that will impress someone. A team with no depth and low expectations is going to take a flier on trying to work with him, and I think it's not a terrible plan. He should come cheap, and it just takes one staff that thinks they know what button to push to turn him into a project. Just my hot take.

If you're Detroit with Hronek up top and trying to work Sieder into the lineup, I think it's pretty clear you want someone steadier back there as the extra dman than the riverboat gambler. If you're a team who has "boring" defensemen already to eat heavier minutes, but is light on speed and some talent, he's not a bad 6-7 to work in.

Seider is apparently going to be playing all season with Rogle in the SHL as Yzerman said that is in the works but not finalized yet. Maybe we get him end of season or something over here, but SHL rules don't allow players to leave before the season is over.

Reactions: _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Seider is apparently going to be playing all season with Rogle in the SHL as Yzerman said that is in the works but not finalized yet. Maybe we get him end of season or something over here, but SHL rules don't allow players to leave before the season is over.
Interesting. I thought I had read he was going to get worked into the lineup this season. Thanks!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Interesting. I thought I had read he was going to get worked into the lineup this season. Thanks!

Before Covid I think he would have made our team out of camp, but with the NHL not playing till January I think Steve wants Seider playing not sitting and doing nothing, so I think he is giving up the beginning of the season with us so Seider can play lots of minutes somewhere. He also basically said that Lucas Raymond is almost for sure spending all year in the SHL, probably for the same reason, although who knows if Raymond was NHL ready or not, hard to tell.

Reactions: _Del_

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Before Covid I think he would have made our team out of camp, but with the NHL not playing till January I think Steve wants Seider playing not sitting and doing nothing, so I think he is giving up the beginning of the season with us so Seider can play lots of minutes somewhere. He also basically said that Lucas Raymond is almost for sure spending all year in the SHL, probably for the same reason, although who knows if Raymond was NHL ready or not, hard to tell.

Assuming Seider to the SHL doesn't fall through, he'll be ineligible to come to Detroit until the SHL season is over.

Reactions: Oddbob

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Assuming Seider to the SHL doesn't fall through, he'll be ineligible to come to Detroit until the SHL season is over.

Makes me much less excited for our NHL season, with no chance of Raymond or Seider. The only thing to look forward to our games was seeing the youth get a chance, and now we are down to Zadina (exciting) and Rasmussen (not sure where he stands) and maybe Cholowski (hoping he gets a chance with a real d-partner, sucks that he gets to learn with garbage), which is a lot less exciting.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
I'm not sure anyone watching those old Kelowna Rockets teams would have predicted that Sissons and Severson would end up making it over Merkley and Bowey.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'm not sure anyone watching those old Kelowna Rockets teams would have predicted that Sissons and Severson would end up making it over Merkley and Bowey.
Sissons yes, but not surprised at all about Bowey. Dude was trash then and is trash now. Physically talented but can't play the position properly.

Reactions: voxel

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
just switch to the wing and forget about being a D in nhl. he can skate, shot the puck, that's it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad