Speculation: Detroit News Updates RFA Plans

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I would think Bowey is gone. Lindstrom, Seider, and I would wager that Cholowski are virtual locks to move up. You plan on having Dekeyser, Hronek, and Nemeth back. Alex Biega is still under contract. I would run with that group of 7 into next year assuming no trades and that McIsaac doesn't uproot someone immediately (otherwise he will be in GR on the top pairing hopefully).

As for the forwards you have listed, I would honestly only resign Timashov. Ehn doesn't need to be here. Neither does Erne. Obviously sign Mantha, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Timashov. If you want to give Svechnikov, Hirose, or Turgeon a short term bridge, then I would buy that.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I've just been scrutinising Detroit's cap situation, and I gotta say that it must be fun being Steve Yzerman. He's got as close to carte-blanche as you can get with an NHL roster this summer with so much roster flexibility.

Apart from Abdelkader and Nielsen he can basically take the team in any direction he wants to. And with the cap staying flat this could well be an awesome opportunity for Yzerman to get some great deals in free agency or via trade. Not to mention 11 picks in the first 3 rounds of the next 2 drafts,... or the haul from recent drafts. Interesting time to follow Detroit for sure.

Reactions: Ricelund

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
Erne is an Yzerman guy, he used a draft pick on him so I’m not surprised he’s staying. At least he hits I guess. Ehn is a warm body, we have enough of those. Timo is the only interesting talent for me.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Logjam @F. Assuming (Helm-LGD-Flip) gone @TDL '21, Svech-Ras-Hirose,Veleno & Turgeon come up & stay.

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Fabbri--?--Zadina
Timashov-Flip-Gagner
Helm-LGD-Nielsen
Erne

Svech/Ras/Hirose

Sign Brodie. QO for Bowey (carry 8 D). Cholo, Ehn & Abby to GR

After TDL '21

Bert-Larkin-Manhta
Fabbri-*Ras-Zadina *(ideally we have a real 2C, but Ras for the sake of this lineup)
Timashov-Veleno-Gagner
Hirose-Nielsen-Svech
Turgeon

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad