Pre-Game Talk: Detroit @ edmonton 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
"Myself, Jay, and the rest of the assistants coached a flawless game. The players didn't execute."

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Is it too much to ask Klefbom to play better than Gryba? Goes both ways. With Klefbom in a coma and Sekera out, we basically are down 2/4 top 4 D.

We get glorious chances every night. Guess what, the goalie saves them. Go figure.

Just go look at goalie stats on nhl, see where Talbot is in all of them, dare you

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
we must have the worst bottom 6 in the league. 0 skill, 0 speed, 0 utility

I think most teams give their bottom 6 some defined roles and things to focus on trying to do offensively. Ours, they seem to all just be told to try to be like McDavid. Try to go out there and do everything all by yourself.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
It's a lot to ask a goalie to save a team's bacon every night when they blow coverage on a regular basis and the no.1 d-man on the team decides to play like a no.7 D.

But it’s exactly what is required in today’s NHL. Your goalie cannnot be sub par and still win.

It’s not all on Talbot but he is a part of the problem.

Habs, Rangers and Oilers have been terrible this year.......Devils, Canucks, Knights have surprised everyone......one group has starting goalies that have been warm to hot garbage so far and the other group has had lights out goaltending.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We get glorious chances every night. Guess what, the goalie saves them. Go figure.

Just go look at goalie stats on nhl, see where Talbot is in all of them, dare you

I get that but I am not seeing that many "bad" goals let in by Talbot, but tons of poor defensive coverage.

With Klefbom basically gone and Sekera out too the D-corps is thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad