Pre-Game Talk: Detroit at Pittsburgh; Practice Wasn't Canceled Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins

Crosby, Kunitz, Orpik & Maatta - who all sat out Sunday's game with injuries - are on the ice for #Pens practice at Southpointe.

Everyone is accounted for at #Pens practice except for injured forwards Conner, Goc, Malkin & Vitale.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Shelly Anderson @pgshelly

To sum, Crosby, Kunitz, Maatta, Orpik practicing. Malkin, Vitale, Goc are not. Letang and all three goalies on the ice. #Penguins

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Am I the only one who'd rest Niskanen this week?

We have the extra RHS (Engelland) and he's played more hockey than anyone on this team. On top of that, like Maatta, his play has definitely slipped of late.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Am I the only one who'd rest Niskanen this week?

We have the extra RHS (Engelland) and he's played more hockey than anyone on this team. On top of that, like Maatta, his play has definitely slipped of late.

Wouldn't be against it. Wouldn't mind seeing him with Scuds again either now that Martin is back to cover for 44.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
It definitely wouldn't hurt to sit Nisky. Might as well look at sitting some of the others too. Maybe Scuderi. It's an interesting game on whether to play guys or not. If some of the top players rested again, it'd be near a full week between games. That's a pretty solid rest period which you don't usually have the luxury of getting this late in the year.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
It definitely wouldn't hurt to sit Nisky. Might as well look at sitting some of the others too. Maybe Scuderi. It's an interesting game on whether to play guys or not. If some of the top players rested again, it'd be near a full week between games. That's a pretty solid rest period which you don't usually have the luxury of getting this late in the year.

Sit them one of the final two back-to-backs, but play them in 2 of the next 3, imo.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Wouldn't be against it. Wouldn't mind seeing him with Scuds again either now that Martin is back to cover for 44.

I would prefer to limit Scuderi's minutes as much as possible, but since that means Scuderi-Bortuzzo, I have to agree with you that, absent Letang returning, this is the best possible setup:

Orpik - Martin
Scuderi - Niskanen
Maatta - Bortuzzo

It gets interesting if Letang returns, I guess.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
There is some incentive to play hard tonight. If Pitt loses, its near guaranteed they get Detroit in round 1.

Detroit will likely win against Buffalo or Carolina.. probably both. Columbus would have to run the table to catch them. Its very unlikely.

If Pitt puts Detroit down in regulation, theres still a chance.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

#Pens lines: 14-87-19, 49-36-18, 15-16-22, 17-27-45 (Stempniak did double duty on a fifth line with Ebbett & Megna).

johockey

Mar 25, 2014
I would prefer to limit Scuderi's minutes as much as possible, but since that means Scuderi-Bortuzzo, I have to agree with you that, absent Letang returning, this is the best possible setup:

Orpik - Martin
Scuderi - Niskanen
Maatta - Bortuzzo

It gets interesting if Letang returns, I guess.

If Letang returns, it'll probably look like this:

Orpik - Martin
Scuderi - Letang
Maatta - Niskanen

Even though I'd like to see Bort somewhere in there, I can't say that lineup looks terrible

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Shelly Anderson @pgshelly

Goc has an orthopedic boot on his left foot. #Penguins

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Hopefully we'll get updates on Geno, Victory and Goc after practice. Would be nice to get some more intel on Vokoun and Letang as well.

RH710

Feb 25, 2013
The main reason I want us to play everyone tonight is that if we do face Detroit then maybe we can send a message.

johockey

Mar 25, 2014
There is some incentive to play hard tonight. If Pitt loses, its near guaranteed they get Detroit in round 1.

Detroit will likely win against Buffalo or Carolina.. probably both. Columbus would have to run the table to catch them. Its very unlikely.

If Pitt puts Detroit down in regulation, theres still a chance.

The main reason I want us to play everyone tonight is that if we do face Detroit then maybe we can send a message.

Sorry to disappoint, but Pens play tomorrow night

DanFailsma

Mar 31, 2013
PA, USA
They had practice? What's the occasion?

h3490C657

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

#Pens lines: 14-87-19, 49-36-18, 15-16-22, 17-27-45 (Stempniak did double duty on a fifth line with Ebbett & Megna).

Stempniak to get a rest next game then? Megna probably will be sent down along with Ebbett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad