Confirmed Trade: [DET/SJS] Jasper Weatherby for Kyle Criscuolo

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I mean, if he frees up the ability to move Erne and Suter and keep Rasmussen on the wing by:

1. Being a big body in place of Erne
2. Being a center in place of Suter

That's a win.

If he does neither and is purely an AHL move, it's a wash.

Criscuolo 10 pts in 28 games, count as a vet
vs
Weatherby 6 pts in 39 games, doesn't count as a vet
McGrath 42 PIM in 5 games, doesn't count as a vet

They free up a vet spot and add a tough guy.

They have Kampfer, Lashoff, Chiasson, Czarnik, Vrana, Shine and O'Regan as vet so now they only need to bench one of them instead of two for the vet rule.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
From what I recall last season Weatherby started off good but then didn’t do much in the middle of the season.

Weatherby’s stat line from last season (2021-22) was 6 goals - 11 points in 50 games.

The problem wasn’t so much the effort he put in but being overwhelmed in the defensive zone at the NHL level which exposed his weaknesses at the highest level as the season wore on.

Weatherby just needs to work on his play away from the puck and become more defensive aware if he is to garner a recall to Detroit at some point in the future.

As for Kyle Criscuolo he will be bound for his 5th AHL team after serving time with Grand Rapids in his 2nd stint with the team.

The 7 year pro is destined to be an AHL lifer with only 15 games of NHL action in his career.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
I faintly remember the mission from Red Dead Redemption 2 when Dutch sent me to make a prisoner exchange with the Pinkertons with a hostage named Kyle Criscuolo so that we could bring Jasper Weatherby back to the gang.

• Haha
Reactions: Stony Curtis

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Flood GIFs | Tenor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad