Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Red Wings sign G Magnus Hellberg (1 year, $800k)

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
He needs re-entry waivers right? I hope NJ claims him.
Very often a team won't officially announce a signing like this until the player has already passed waivers
I wonder if was on waivers 2 days ago and none of the insiders posted about it...
Either that or he went on waivers yesterday after signing, and nobody posted about it, and he has until 2pm today to clear

Last edited:
Reactions: BHD

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Always wanted to ask from mods. Can you ad a position of player signed . Say like- Wings sign G Magnus Hell berg. Thanks.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
He needs re-entry waivers right? I hope NJ claims him.

Sounds like Blackwood is ramping up in practice, so he might be an option soon. Probably why they didn't put in a claim, although I suppose I would have preferred signing Hellberg over trading for Hammond. Then again, the visa hurdles might have taken a couple weeks like it did with Harri Sateri.

IMG_4923.JPG

And since I probably won't have an excuse to talk about Hellberg that many more times.....

I believe 2011 was the last year where the draft board was manually operated. Hellberg was a bit of an off the board selection at #38, so that pick remained blank for several minutes. I thought it was amusing at the time, either picturing some staffer trying to sort through those giant panels or somebody hastily putting one together.

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Where might one find more information about this?

It's in CBA 13.12(j) covering Loans after the trade deadline.

Whenever a player is signed they are first added to the NHL roster, and can then be loaned to the AHL or other leagues afterward if permitted. Hellberg would not meet any of the exception categories allowing him to be loaned after the trade deadline.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad