Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Red Wings sign Carter Rowney (1 year, $825k)

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I liked him in Anaheim. He hustles every shift, plays physical and was even better offensively than I expected when we first signed him. He'll fail to bury a lot of chances, but other than that a solid 4th liner and a good penalty killer. It remains to be seen how he bounces back after long term injury, but for near league minimum it's a good signing by Yzerman.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Well it looks like Veleno will be slotted for GR, Same with Berggren after this signing. With Smith added that's pretty much our 13 forwards that Yzerman said we're going with.

That may be what ends up happening after training camp, but I wouldn't set anything in stone right now.

IMO, there's 4(3 + the 13th F)spots up for grabs, with Gagner having the inside edge on one, but I don't think its a guarantee right now.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Good for Rowney, glad to see him still land an NHL deal coming off the season ending knee injury.

Almost everyone thought the contract was odd when the Ducks signed him but I think the consensus would be that he was worth it. Especially for the year that the Deslauriers - Grant - Rowney line was utterly abused in terms of usage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad