Claimed off Waivers: [DET] Red Wings claim Timashov

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Hard to get an asset when Detroit is at the top of the list of order for claims.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
O yea? Well that non-playoff team is still sitting in a playoff spot. Florida is not lighting the world on fire either. I am just stating facts, not that I believe Leafs have a great team or anything.

Its ok to feel insecure. It's just a sport, it's entertainment... Plus I'm just bugging all Leaf fans. It's my duty as an Ontario resident.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
IMO Timashov can become a bit more than he is now with an increased role and ice time. Could see him as a tweener between the 2nd and 3rd lines.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Interested to see what he can do with a legit shot at ice time. Likely nothing, but Detroit might have just found an AA replacement for free.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Timashov isn't a quality NHL player IMO. Tweener at best.

I'm happy with the contract spot that could be used to target an NCAA FA

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Still cant believe nobody offered a 6-7th round pick for him.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Why offer a draft pick when you can get better production out of the Zamboni driver for spare change?

Toronto has already added the local hot dog vendor to the top six for their contest against Tampa Bay. His name is Oscar Mayer.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Makes sense for Detroit to make a claim like this. Ship some guys out...now you've got an empty roster spot to audition some fringe guys and see if they can be more than that with a bigger role.

As much as i'm impressed with the way Timashyov has practically "reinvented" his game since Jrs as a far more engaged, committed player...i'm just not sure there's a real regular place for players like him in the NHL. He's just too small to be that slow. He'll find a nice home as a scoring forward back in Europe somewhere.

I think he's a perfect cautionary tale about the "fools gold" of draftnik world developing a fetish for these small/slow players who produce impressively in Jrs and are "ignored" by "eye test scouts". You might get some NHL games out of the deal, but it's practically a bunt.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Much like Josh Leivo, Timashov will do better when he gets a bigger chance. He'll get more playing time in Detroit, I assume, and he should establish himself as a regular NHLer.

I won't miss him, mind you. He was a frequent scratch who usually saw under 10 minutes on the ice. He was absolutely redundant and replaceable in Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad