Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] G Michael Hutchinson signs with the Red Wings (1 year, $775k, two-way)

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Lyon was supposedly day to day... So I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Ville got pretty f***ed up last night.

EDIT: Well there it is. Lalonde says no Lyon until after Christmas. No Husso "For a while".

Reactions: hn777

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Michael Hutchinson, the epitome of "warm body". Always finds his way back to action :laugh:

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Guess I should start researching the top of the draft.

crying.gif

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
This would be a nice year to undeservedly catapult to the top of the draft via lottery
I really don't know a whole lot about it other than Celebrini on top. I keep reading Eiserman as #2, but thought I recall people comparing him to Laine. If so... Mehhhhhh.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Hutchinson and reimers tandem lmao with the likes of tampa and Jersey right behind us and sabres who'll go on a run no doubt

Forget the Playoffs

Hutchinson and reimers tandem lmao with the likes of tampa and Jersey right behind us and sabres who'll go on a run no doubt

Forget the Playoffs

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Predictable after Husso, or after one of them were traded, he was signing. Have to think Husso is out long-term.

Whether they bring Lethemon or Hutchinson up we shall see. Guess Hutchinson because of experience.

It’s Reimer’s team for the foreseeable future… Lyon has been really good for a year now, so his injury shouldn’t effect that changing, but oblique strains aren’t fun. Could be awhile.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Lyon was supposedly day to day... So I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Ville got pretty f***ed up last night.

EDIT: Well there it is. Lalonde says no Lyon until after Christmas. No Husso "For a while".
No Husso might be a blessing but having to run Reimer for a while as the starter may be the end of the season for the Wings as well.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I saw him vs the Marlies a couple of weeks ago.

He looked like an average AHL goalie in my humble opinion.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I really don't know a whole lot about it other than Celebrini on top. I keep reading Eiserman as #2, but thought I recall people comparing him to Laine. If so... Mehhhhhh.
Demidov is very good, and Lindstrom looks like a beast. Eiserman wont go top 3.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Can I interest Stevie Y. in a slightly used Jake Allen? Cheap, only a 3rd round pick!

Hutchison and Reimer, omg.

Leafs golden boys.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland

Forget the Playoffs

Forget the Playoffs
A Reimer and Hutch pair gives me ptsd as a Leafs fan.

That said I wouldn’t even call them a tandem. In that scenario you have to think Reimer will be seeing a much heavier workload and that Hutch is a body. And that’s not a complement to James either.

Reactions: donghabs98

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

Forget the Playoffs

Forget the Playoffs
Losing Husso is their problem? LAMO!!!!

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Strangely enough, the Husso injury will likely make a deal for Gibson more likely, now that Anaheim wouldn’t be forced to take Husso in return. It also, forces Yzerman into making a decision, he may have been on the fence making, prior to Husso’s injury.

If his season is done, and by the looks of that injury, those are the types, they’ll be able to LTIR him, and include Lyon or Reimer instead of Husso, in a Gibson trade. Likely Lyon from Anaheim’s perspective.

As soon as we find out if Husso’s injury is season ending, but even more so, as soon as Lyon is also cleared to play, we’re gonna start hearing the Gibson to Detroit speculation. Probably pretty loudly.

They won’t need retention, and they have plenty of ammunition to make a deal.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad