Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Filip Hronek re-signs with the Red Wings (3 years, $4.4M AAV)

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Gonna guess $4m AAV. He's due a significant raise, not sure if it'd be a Sergachev type raise. Just came off his ELC.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Good player, but needs to start scoring goals with the goalie in the net.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I honestly had no idea he was 4.4 good

Good on him getting this cash and if fans are happy with this deal, then it's a win win

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Would have liked longer term tbh, he's been forced to play in a ridiculously tough situation and in coming years when Seider/etc. take tougher matchups I believe Hronek will shine.
Fair deal though.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Happy to have him locked in for three, people pretending this is a steal didn't watch Hronek enough last year, he shaved at least a million per off this contract in his own end. I think Seider will help him a lot though, glad to see Yzerman get him locked in, not sure he still isn't dealt before they are good again. But hopeful we can see more of the guy of two years ago than the guy from last year.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Happy to have him locked in for three, people pretending this is a steal didn't watch Hronek enough last year, he shaved at least a million per off this contract in his own end. I think Seider will help him a lot though, glad to see Yzerman get him locked in, not sure he still isn't dealt before they are good again. But hopeful we can see more of the guy of two years ago than the guy from last year.

Personally I don't think he will ever be great defensively but good enough to play on top 4 once this team is good again. I'll cut him some slack because he's been playing as a #1, which he clearly is not, on a bad team learning trial by fire style.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Ristolainen 2.0.

Sooner Detroit doesn't have to play him 23 minutes a night the better they'll be

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Amazing how some GMs can easily navigate rfa deals and relationships with young talent.

Yzerman... the GM montreal should've replaced Gainey with :help:

Instead, continues to methodically build up yet another division rival towards contention, while our inept GM continues to drive the team into mediocrity and embarrassment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad